cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best possible build; advice?

thebestusername
Level 7
so here's the deal, i've never built a computer before and figured that this would be the best place to go for advice,
i kinda know my way around a computer, but i don't know exactly what to get or how different parts should work together, nor do i have any experience to contribute to a build...
so here's my question; what is the best possible gaming laptop build that ideally is within the 1000-2000 dollar range, and possible to be built by a total noob like me.
i want to get the best possible so i don't have to replace anything for a long time, and i'm willing to attempt to build this computer with the possibility of failure.
who knows, maybe ill learn something... i'd rather come out with a boss computer and knowledge though...
16 REPLIES 16

kkn
Level 14
is it a laptop or a desktop? ( know you did rite laptop but just had to ask again )
laptops = come configurated, desktops you can build like you want to. ( guess you know that )

HiVizMan
Level 40
Pretty much as kkn has said.

There are some stores that do have a laptop configuring option, the key things to work out are CPU type and VGA for a gaming system. The next two consideration in order of importance are SSD and DDR3 capacity.

Less flexibility in choice with laptops. PC's now you can do pretty much anything.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

i need it to be a laptop, but i'd love to hear a build for a desktop as well.
Are there any really portable tower cases that i could carry around relatively easily? (i have to carry it through school; put it in my locker, so anything that fits would work)

xeromist
There are some really small ITX cases the size of a lunch box but you'd still need a monitor so that eliminates them as an option for school.

Go with a G55. The 75 with the 17" screen may sound tempting but you will quickly get sick of the extra bulk in a school environment.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

where can i find one of these cases/look at one of them?

thebestusernameever wrote:
where can i find one of these cases/look at one of them?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007583%20600006318&IsNodeId=1&name=Mi...
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007583%20600006318&IsNodeId=1&name=Mi...
thx, ill look into this as it may be my only option for a build...

Zka17
Level 16
I think, you certainly need a laptop... even if you find a small format desktop case, you will also need to carry the monitor, keyboard, mouse (ok, this is small and you may need it with a laptop too), speakers if you want some sound...

so if i got a desktop i could definitely build it from the ground up, but if i got say a large laptop case, could i still build it from scratch?
from what i can gather by the responses, if i buy a laptop case, it comes with some pre-determined parts, versus getting a tower and just assembling all the parts.
plus i still have no idea what parts i should buy or what will even work!
i'm getting kinda confused....