cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73jh still crashing after 2 rma...

Retired
Not applicable
This laptop never worked good. First it had the GSOD wich I was able to fix, but still the computer was overheating and shutting down...
So I RMA it , it come back: new fans, new gpu , new screen , new termal paste,flashed bios (213) and Vbios (dunno the version)

I first tought it was great , awesome service , less than 1 week.
When I received it , I tryed to play game with stock drivers and such to see if it was working...
GSOD came back... I read some posts by Chastity and then flashed the Vbios myself to the v93od, installed the most recent ati cataclyst , realtek drivers . Instead of GSOD I had a multicolor bar on the screen faded to white. I tryed other catalyst drivers, some different crash (one was causing GSOD then recovering the greend square etc to finally crash ) The GPU Temp was now at 58c in windows (GPU-Z)
RMA again...

2 weeks after , they changed motheboard.... STILL GSOD while playing with stock... Flashed back to vbios93od , installed catalyst 11.4 ,realtek drivers, soundblaster, Directx11 fix(win7). Crashed again (black out this time ) tryed the 11.5 beta , crashed again ... I overclocked a bit to 705/1100 same thing, auto value from catalyst gave interesting results...

The game was doing GSOD then recovering , again , again and again til it froze like always....

One time (with 11.4 ) windows gave me an error :
Signature du problème*:
Nom d’événement de problème: BlueScreen
Version du système: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 3084

Informations supplémentaires sur le problème*: (sorry about french!)
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000004
BCP2: FFFFFA8007B43038
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Fichiers aidant à décrire le problème*:
C:\Windows\Minidump\050511-40451-01.dmp
C:\Users\francois\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-60434-0.sysdata.xml

Lire notre déclaration de confidentialité en ligne*:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x040c

Si la déclaration de confidentialité en ligne n’est pas disponible, lisez la version hors connexion*:
C:\Windows\system32\fr-FR\erofflps.txt

went to see the files and they were not there...

I tryed to run 3dMark 11 and it gave me this error:
Workload work failed with error message: DXGI call IDXGISwapChain::Present failed:

Hardware device removed.

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

I found out the error that windows gives me , error 4101 Display
error data amdkmdap

Now I really don't know what to do again and I'm kinda pissed off, I feel like throwing this Laptop down the street....
Anyone got any idea on what to do? I'm tired to call asus and have it back in same state....

Thank you
8 REPLIES 8

Chastity
Level 10
1) Stop using the stock drivers. With the new vBIOS, it crashes with GSODs. The new vBIOS expects 10.3 Cat or later. Make sure your unit has the current version by checking the vBIOS version number in BIOS or using GPU-z/HWINFO32.

version: 012.020.000.032.0383.G730 (as reported in BIOS) 012.020.000.032.038352 (as reported by HW apps)

2) When you install new Catalysts, AMD says to uninstall the old ones first. So you run the installer, and select Uninstall...Express. Reboot. Then install the current build you want.

3) During this debugging phase, uninstall the Creative software. When you are ready to put it back, please use the X-Fi MB 1.1 set. It's more updated and Win7 friendly. It's also completely optional unless you need ALchemy for EAX gaming with some older games.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
Did it , still crashing with GSOD.... the vbios is at the right version too...

Chastity
Level 10
Just to be sure, what motherboard BIOS do you have installed? Also, try resetting the BIOS to defaults to clear the CMOS.

Retired
Not applicable
BIOS 213

Chastity
Level 10
OK, so just reset the BIOS and see if the issue goes away. I would also download the current .1030 Intel INF and force it to update all your drivers by running "setup.exe -overall" from a command prompt.

Retired
Not applicable
ask your vendor to try your hard drive on a test system. if they can duplicate the issues that means there is no issue or it is an issue with all of them (which is now unlikely). who did you buy from? ask if they can do this for you. saves time for both you and the people you wanted to rma it to. we do this often it is easier then troubleshooting remotely. obviously do this after you have tried to fix it. like reinstall windows to see if the issue goes away, i am guessing this is completely random?

Retired
Not applicable
I did reset the bios and reinstall windows , but it didn't fix it...
It's now back in Asus's hand after I went where I bought it (dunno if they did any test , I suppose so...)
I'll update you with the outcome.
The issue was kinda random. From what I saw from different logs , it seemed like it crashed when gpu was popping out of sudden at 100% usage.
Thank you

Retired
Not applicable
Another no end issue for the G73JH.....
I'll go trough the whole forums to find all the thread that did not been solved about his laptop to show everyone how a piece of crap it is.

Im having fun.......