cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't play online lag like hell!

Nevafaded
Level 7
Hi

I bought this Asus G75vw last week, and i enjoyed it. The laptop was good and could handle most of the games, but until i installed my online games that i have ( BF3, LOL, HON), and hell broke out. I cant even play anything online i always lag, and i've never had a problem with my router or internet connection,I have 100/100 mbit connection. The online games works perfectly on my other laptops but not on this one. I have updated the wirless driver but still same drama. everything else is fine with this laptop it's just the online lagg that is killing me. The network card i got is Atheros AR9485WB and driver i updated to is 10.0.0.75. I hope someone could help me fix this lag problem, and i know it's not from my router or internet provider.
5 REPLIES 5

colpolite
Level 9
Have you tried using the ethernet cable instead for steady high internet speed constantly?

yes i did use with internet cable and it work like charm, had no lag at all on any of my online games. It's weird... But still i want to use WIFI, thats why i have a laptop so i can play anywhere. I hope i can find some fixs for this.:/

GottiBoi55
Level 10
you need to update your nVidia drivers, I use Beta driver set 304.79.
I get 60 to 85 fps in BF3
The driver set that Asus has for the G75VW just can't handle those games you want to play dude.

But that's non WIFI play

Here is the link:
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/46429

Did you try playing the games in the "High Performance Mode" when in WIFI?
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

GottiBoi55 wrote:
you need to update your nVidia drivers, I use Beta driver set 304.79.
I get 60 to 85 fps in BF3
The driver set that Asus has for the G75VW just can't handle those games you want to play dude.

But that's non WIFI play

Here is the link:
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/46429

Did you try playing the games in the "High Performance Mode" when in WIFI?

My Nvidia drivers are updatet, but it seems like i found the issue, i checked my bios and found out that it's not updated, so i updatet my bios, and tested BF3, it worked wih flow. Played for like 1H without any lag internet lag. I think the problem was that i didnt updated the bios, but for now everything works good 🙂 thx for trying to help me btw 🙂

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Okay, I see you didn't update the BIOS yet.
yeah you need BIOS 211, and all the Atheros network driver updates.
Glad things are working well for you.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"