cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memorable PC games.

QuietOne
Level 7
I have no idea if this has already been done and if so, please merge or remove this topic.

My most memorable game has to be the original Alone In The Dark from the early 90s, It's a really short game but it took me weeks to complete the damn thing. I was about 12 at the time and was playing it on a 386/486 SX25 (Can't remember the full spec) I remember one part that in the library and that creature keeps coming after you, unless you stab it with a certain dagger. That place always scared me for some reason.

What is your most memorable game? Past or present.
62 REPLIES 62

chrsplmr
Level 18
@ the moment, Crysis2 is the only game that keeps my attention .. waiting for the WarFace beta to start ..
but,
what got me game 'addicted' ? .... wolfenstein3d ... on a 486... followed by the doom/quake series .. less
we forget Duke.
I live for the fully emersed 4d world of the 'holodeck' to be developed ... then ... hahahhahaha.
---so real, you can smell the enemy filling their pants knowing your coming ... .c.

mrwolf
Level 10
hmm, there are many many top titles out there but in terms of being most memorable i would say it has to be Earth and Beyond that was out back in 2000...

Dont know if any of you guys every played this but it was EPICC space sim backin the days 😄

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Really old school: Elite, Manic Miner

Old school: Wolfenstein, Doom

Recent: Mafia, Dragon age origins, Mass effect 1

🙂

Really really old school: Zork - has anyone actually completed this game??, KQ1 - played with friends
Old school: Myst - Completed
Semi-old school: Riven - attempting, KQ7 - completed
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Nackers
Level 15
I was a big fan of Baldur's Gate back in the day, it would have to be one of the best game I've played,, and I can't forget about Abb's exodus..

HiVizMan
Level 40
I have two, F.E.A.R and Diablo, nothing since has engaged me as those two did. The mood that was created in FEAR was outstanding I jumped a couple of times when Alma came visiting.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

LeviathanPT
Level 10
Final Fantasy VII

Planetside, back in its hay day 2003-2007ish, still an awesome game almost 10 years later.

One of the first games I can remember playing was Dinopark, for some reason this game comes to mind quite often.

Merk wrote:
Planetside, back in its hay day 2003-2007ish, still an awesome game almost 10 years later.

One of the first games I can remember playing was Dinopark, for some reason this game comes to mind quite often.

Yeaa boi ! Planetside was the ****tt back then !!! new one is even better :cool: