Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    B(TX)assist Array 4Strings PC Specs
    4Strings PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP ZBook Studio G3 (Intel Xeon E3-1505M, 16GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro m1000M, 500GB + 1TB M.2)
    MotherboardASUS PRIME X399-A
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900X @ 4.166GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z (non-RGB) 3200MHz (32GB)
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 1080Ti GX11G
    Sound CardPropellerhead Balance (USB DAC/ADC)
    MonitorAcer Predator XB271HK
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo (1TB)
    Storage #2WD Blue SATA SSD (500GB) + HGST NAS Drive (3TB) + WD Red (4TB, 2x in RAID 1)
    CPU CoolerEnermax LiqTech 360 sTR4
    CaseSilverstone Fortress FT02 (Black, Windowed)
    Power SupplyEnermax MaxTytan 1050W
    Keyboard Logitech G710+
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50 + Massdrop AGK K7XX
    Mouse Pad Tek Syndicate XXL Mouse Mat
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion II
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC68U + TP-Link TL-SG1005D (5-Port Gigabit Switch)
    Accessory #1 Korg microKorg Midi Keyboard

For me, the first game that I really became addicted to was UbiSoft's Hype: The Time Quest :P
    Got it for my 10th birthday and kept on playing it until about '09 when I "upgraded" to my alienware and I couldn't run it anymore.

I have a dream to re-make the game (maybe for iOS) using Epic's UDK... :P

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cl-scott View Post
    No One Lives Forever stands out in my mind. Some of the game mechanics could have been a little better, but there were just so much humor crammed into that game. Gadgets like a robot poodle to distract guard dogs, a conversation you can overhear about two criminals discussing the sociological impact of beer on criminal behavior, another conversation you can overhear about an american and russian on a space station debating whether or not 5 fatalities in a month is normal, and then when you get blown out of a plane without a parachute (borrowing one from someone on the way down), the guy falls towards a barn and he says, "Please be full of hay! Please be full of hay!"

Starcraft was also a pretty memorable game, in particular the fact that it is the only game I can think of that you can still find in retail stores over a decade later. I also liked the Dawn of War series (the original more than DOW2). Those got me started on reading the books in the Warhammer 40K universe which have helped me kill many a lunch breaks over the last year or so. Not to mention explain some of the bits in Dark Crusade where they reference the Horus Heresy and Abbadon.

Wolfeinstein 3D also kind of sticks out, being one of the first 3D games ever, even if it was technically more like 2.5D.
    So many memories with this game. That was a really good one that =D

My old favorite game is Dungeon keeper 2. Gotta love that humor

ROG Member Array

Not my first game played, but the one that got me addicted to gaming, computers, and online play.

Cyberstrike

Up to 4 players on 4 teams fighting in identical mech's which had 9 upgrade options you could select from a list of maybe 85. You had to claim territory by laying power towers which gave your mech's energy, you couldn't stray to far or to long without energy, so everyone had to come out and fight over power.

Excellent game, I think it won online multiplayer game of the year in 92. To this day, I still talk about the game with some friends that played it, it was that good.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7