cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revert to older bios?

intro32
Level 8
Hi guys, im really sorry if this has been asked before iv searched but couldn't find anything. Is there any way to revert back to an older bios with the Maximus V Gene ? I am currently using Bios 1204.

Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yes there is, what have you tried so far?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

The only thing iv done is update the bios from 0602 to 1204. I havn't tried anything as yet because i wasnt sure on how to revert and i didnt want to stuff things up beyond repair because i didnt know what i was doing lol.

HiVizMan
Level 40
And finely why do you want to revert? What is now not working?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

The system is :
i5 3570K
Maximus V Gene
Corsair H80
G.Skill 16GB Kit (2x8GB), PC-12800 (1600Mhz), Ripjaws X F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL
EVGA Geforce GTX660 Ti (915Mhz), 2GB GDDR5 (6008Mhz)
OCZ 120GB SSD Agility 3
OCZ ZX Series 850W, OCZ-ZX850W-AU
Windows 7 64bit

Ever since i updated the bios im getting the " Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." error from event viewer when trying to play any game. I dont know if my card is failing or the bios causing this error. I have tried all avalble nvidia drivers but nothing helps. At the moment im using the latest nvidia driver ver 306.02. For example i will play Battlefield 3 campain for about 3min and then artifacts will appear and the game will crash back to the desktop. I can get about 10 min of game play if i change in the bios the pci-e to Gen 2 but still crashes. This has happened with every game iv tried so far. I just wanted to revert back to see if i can get my pc back to the way it was before, and see if it fixes this problem. If not i will be taking a trip down to get an RMA of my card.

HiVizMan
Level 40
What you can do is change the Gen setting in the PCH section - PCie to Gen2 as currently it will be on auto as default.

What you are describing are more graphic driver issues to me.

Yes i did that and i get about 10min of gaming before the pc crashes, also now windows desktop is crashing with the " nvidia driver has stopped " error. It wasnt doing this on bios 0602. I want to eliminate each bit of hardware to see what i need to RMA if i cant fix the problem. eg the computer shop i goto is a long way from where i live and if i just say " take back the video card " and they find there's nothing wrong with it well then it's a wast of time, also i can only get one part tested before the tech's at the shop class it as trouble shooting and then they charge $180 an hour. I would love to rule out the motherboard but i cant untill i revet back to the way it was when i first turned it on. I had a similar problem with my RIVE and my UD5 and that was fixed by setting the timings for the x.m.p ect.. it had nothing to do with the video card even tho the video card was the only thing breaking down. So i dont want to assume that its just a video card problem just yet. Thank you for your help and could you please tell me how to revert 🙂 sorry about the rant lol

HiVizMan
Level 40
LOL rant all you want your motheboard/graphic card is not doing what you want it to do, so you have a right to rant.

Now lets just download the old bios again. And put it on your USB stick (Fat Formatted) and use the EZ2 flash tool in BIOS to flash to that version.

kittendoggie
Level 9
You can send me your bios chip and I can reprogram it to whatever bios version you need. Just include some money for the postage.

Regards

8_Pack
Level 12
This sounds like the HPET error. Try going into PCH settings and disabling HPET. See if your card works fine now. Normally if HPET could be a problem on BSOD you get 116 error code.