cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73sw 3d

Retired
Not applicable
Hello i just bought a new g73sw and i need help with the 3d glasses and setup, cant get it to work. I get the effects on the screen but the glasses just dont work, should there be some kind of light at the 3d logo when i starts working? i cant see anything from there, cant find anything in the manual to turn on the ir emitter.....HELP
11 REPLIES 11

Chastity
Level 10
There's a wizard for getting that all set up.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
you know the glasses are on if you look away the ambient color changes as you look at and away from the laptop. is this happening to you?

Retired
Not applicable
Also, I'm with my problem. I've tried all the settings and also updated the driver, but does not recognize the glasses in the configuration. Can anyone help with this problem! In the manual says the light next to the webcam should be on, but she's no signal.

Enable Stereoscopic 3D at the nVidia Control Panel...also press the 3D button (ASUS ROG Logo) on the Laptop make sure 3D is enabled...

Also note that it will only work on Stereoscopic 3D content...If its not a 3D content then it will not work...
-ASUS ROG G73SW-3DE-
-Intel Core i7-2630QM Mobile Quad Processor
-Intel HM65 Express Chipset +ICH10
-17.3" 1920x1080 120Hz Anti-Glare Matte Screen
-nVidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM
-nVidia 3D Vision Active Shutter Glasses
-Creative EAX Advanced HD 5.0
-THX TruStudio
-8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM (Max 32GB)
-2x500 Seagate Momentous XT Hybrid HDD
-Blu-Ray 4x Burner
-Logitech Performance MX Darkfield Laser Mice
-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

-XBOX360, PS3, Wii

Retired
Not applicable
Hello! I'm also Having the same problems as "Thor" I enable the 3D vision(the ROG button on the upper left corner of the keyboard) but the IR emitter never starts and the wizard dosent figure out anything.... and at Btotech.com, its not flashing. the light glow for a while and nothing happens....

Retired
Not applicable
Did you turn on the glasses too? There is a button on the left arm and a led that should light green on that arm too...
Also the glasses need to be charged before the 1st use through an usb port.

Then the 3D config wizzard should work and it should get you through all configs.

Retired
Not applicable
and lastly be sure to check that your refresh rate is at 120hz otherwise 3D will not work.

Ah yes very good point...I forgot to mention that one too...

If your 120hz monitor is set to 60Hz...even enabling 3D it still wont work...
-ASUS ROG G73SW-3DE-
-Intel Core i7-2630QM Mobile Quad Processor
-Intel HM65 Express Chipset +ICH10
-17.3" 1920x1080 120Hz Anti-Glare Matte Screen
-nVidia GeForce GTX 460m 1.5GB GDDR5 VRAM
-nVidia 3D Vision Active Shutter Glasses
-Creative EAX Advanced HD 5.0
-THX TruStudio
-8GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM (Max 32GB)
-2x500 Seagate Momentous XT Hybrid HDD
-Blu-Ray 4x Burner
-Logitech Performance MX Darkfield Laser Mice
-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

-XBOX360, PS3, Wii

Retired
Not applicable
wait. 120hz only happens without HD(I changed the refresh rate from the Nvidia Ctrn Panel) ok so dats done. now how long should I recharge the glasses??