Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Do you think 550-650 watts would be enough power for the parts I am thinking of using?
    ~Kinesis22

"Since there's only one of me shouldn't my opinion be doubled?"
    "Is it possible to play that game in your sleep?" "Oh definitely, I think better in my sleep."

What psus have an 8 pin and a 4 pin cpu power? I can't find any corsair psus that do, or I could just be reading it wrong. Does the Corsair TX 650 have everything I need?
    ~Kinesis22

"Is it possible to play that game in your sleep?" "Oh definitely, I think better in my sleep."

personaly i would sugest minimum 750-850w power suply ( one gpu ) or 1000W ( if your going to upgrade to 2 gpu's later in time ).
    Last edited by kkn; 09-11-2012 at 03:39 PM.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Pretty much all of the larger capacity PSU have the two 8 pin 12V connectors, one of which is split in two 4 pins.

I will do a quick search for you, but you really only need the 8 pin if you are not going to be clocking beyond 5GHz. It is just better to populate all your PSU connectors if you can, just for the instance that you need the added voltages.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Ok, thanks for the help. Also I was wondering if I would need any kind of ram cooling fans or will fans I put in the case be enough if I don't overclock the ram?
    ~Kinesis22

I clock my ram to quite silly frequencies at times, and then I do need to actively cool the ram down. For normal everyday over-clocking say even to 2400MHz good air flow is all you need. A fan on or near the ram will not be a bad thing mind.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Cool, I'll keep that in mind. Did you find any psus that would work?
    ~Kinesis22

Sorry mate was busy trying to feed the pack of hyenas I call children. Will post up some PSU's that I can recommend in a short while. If you would like to read up a bit about PSU's there is only one place to read about them. And he has a odd sense of humour so be warned.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/

Thanks for the link.
    ~Kinesis22

http://www.enermax.co.uk/produkte/ne...olution85.html

http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=704337&fid=343

What you are looking for is PSU's that have 2 EPS connectors listed, normally 8 pin and 4 + 4 pin.

I personally use Antec products for my benching system and test bench, but ennermax are good, the better Corsair PSU's and Seasonics are good too. Currently I am testing a German range called BeQuite but I am only in the third month of testing so can not really comment yet beyond it is looking very promising.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast