Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

How does this one look? Have you had any experience with the Antec TP series?
    http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=1760&fid=236
    It says it has an 8pin etx and a 4pin atx on the website there.
    ~Kinesis22

"Since there's only one of me shouldn't my opinion be doubled?"
    "Is it possible to play that game in your sleep?" "Oh definitely, I think better in my sleep."

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array HiVizMan's Avatar

Yes I have used them many many times in builds I do for extreme gamers. That is one solid PSU.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Ok, what happens when a power supply dies? Does it mess up all the other components? Or does it just stop working?
    ~Kinesis22

"Is it possible to play that game in your sleep?" "Oh definitely, I think better in my sleep."

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Array Zka17's Avatar

It does depend how it dies... in certain circumstances it could damage other components too... - but today's mobo's are pretty good in their own protection mechanisms too

I have seen, VGA's die, CPU's die (this is the most common causality) and quite surprisingly HDD die often too. Then you have the motherboard itself that can pop CAPs or melt other bits. It can be ugly.

The single most underrated piece of hardware is your PSU. And you know what? It is the foundation for all your systems strengths or weaknesses.
    To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Ok thanks for all the help, just making sure, this one looks good?
    Antec TruePower New TP-750 750W
    ~Kinesis22

On a sidenote, looking at your setup in the first post, I would really recommend using an SSD.
    ASUS Maximus V Formula | Intel 3770K | Corsair Vengance 4x4GB 1600
    ASUS GTX 680 DC2 TOP | Seasonic X-760 Gold | Lian Li PC70
    Samsung 830 256GB | WD Green 3TB | Dell U2711 | Win7 64

Quote Originally Posted by fronzel View Post
    On a sidenote, looking at your setup in the first post, I would really recommend using an SSD.
    You know I did not even pick that up - no SSD in the system. And with the price of SSD's so good right now and the simple huge difference an SSD for OS and applications makes to a system is difficult to comprehend until you go from a mechanical drive to a SSD so big thanks fronzel for that suggestion.

I was just about to ask what brands of ssds are good. Is SanDisk good? Because I just found this:
    SanDisk Extreme SSD 120 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SDSSDX-120G-G25
    What is an ok storage amount? Is 120GB ok for running Windows 7, some games and whatever programs have to be on it?
    ~Kinesis22

They are all pretty much the same. All those on a good price have the Sandforce controllers which are super quick. 128GB is good to go for an OS and applications. Just manage your download folder and also your libraries, my documents and all those. So if you have like I do a pretty large music collection do not store them on your SSD. Same for moves I guess. What I did was shift my iTunes folder some place else.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast