cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW BBK5 Price drop

Feralhog
Level 9
Someone mentioned this in another thread. The Best Buy Version (U.S.) of the GW75 is down $100.00.

No, I do not work for Best Buy. Just sharing the Info...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+17.3%26%2334%3B+Laptop+-+8GB+Memory+-+1TB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/5176...

FYI....
Feralhog

Asus G72, Asus G-75, Asus Essentio CG5290
16 REPLIES 16

TSC-Ops
Level 7
20 days ago I could have gotten 100 refund , oh well
Asus G75VW-BBK , 24GB , 2x256GB SSD , everything else stock

TSC-Ops wrote:
20 days ago I could have gotten 100 refund , oh well

I just bought this last week with their warranty... would I be able to return it and cash in? 😛

Thanks for the heads up on price drop! I was really close to pulling the trigger on G7VW-AS71 from Amazon but this seems to be a better deal if I purchase 8GB of RAM separately.

Question: I've heard horror stories regarding Best Buy and their return policy. If I happen to get a defective unit, how hard of a time do you think they will give me? Just asking if anyone has any personal experience.

Do you guys think I'm better off waiting for this supposed G75 VX?

Thanks in advance for any advice/help, I've been lurking this forum for the last 2 months trying to research as much as I can.
ASUS G75VW-BBK5
with Samsung 830 SSD 256GB

Feralhog
Level 9
I have never had any issue returning a product for any reason to Best Buy within the return period. That includes "I decided I didn't like it". Yes, if all you do is buy, return, buy, return, buy, return, buy, etc you might have an issue.

That's my experience. Bought the computers in my signature from BB, iPad, iPhone, big screen tv, etc.
Feralhog

Asus G72, Asus G-75, Asus Essentio CG5290

bignazpwns
Level 11
Best buy is awesome about returns. Just went and got $106 back.

I bought a laptop and exchanged it for about 5 diff laptops over the 30 day period. Day 30 picked up a G75. That was about 29 days ago went and got the $106 back no problem. Best buy's perfect match promise is really nice.

Personalty i would pick this up. This is a good price for the G75. Original was kinda over priced but this is right where it should be. OR you can wait for a sale. And with your reward zone card you should rack up enough points for a $20 certificate.

Would just like to give a heads up that I was able to get a 'return' and get 106 dollars back! They called it 'price matching' and pretty pumped. Awesome policy they got going on.

Thaladred wrote:
Would just like to give a heads up that I was able to get a 'return' and get 106 dollars back! They called it 'price matching' and pretty pumped. Awesome policy they got going on.

They don't really want to do it ( corporate management ) but they have no choice.

With a 30 day return policy otherwise you just return it ( which they really don't want ) and buy it at a different best buy.

Nyorker
Level 7
Your welcome guys. Would of been nice if you guys sent me $10 since I saved you $100 lol.. I got my $107 back this morning. Employee asked me do you have a flyer I said its in your store Lol..

Nyorker wrote:
Your welcome guys. Would of been nice if you guys sent me $10 since I saved you $100 lol.. I got my $107 back this morning. Employee asked me do you have a flyer I said its in your store Lol..

Epic...+1 for perfect response! Don't you just love doing that? 😉
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23