Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by thenameiswes View Post
    What is a safe memory clock speed when the gpu is set to 1300Mhz?
    Um whatever you can run without getting attracts.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Zygomorphic View Post
    Possibly a BIOS/hardware restriction?
    Nah, I figured it out. I was just being careless and had the wrong format for the offset lmao.

ROG Enthusiast Array NathanieLz's Avatar

damn, I just had a white screen G55
    after I OC memory clock +2500Mhz,suddenly white screen
    I think the safest clock to add just +1000Mhz
    because,I already use MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision X the max to add the memory clock is +1000Mhz not like nvidia inspector that can add up to +2500Mhz
    it's the second time white screen on my G55

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by NathanieLz View Post
    damn, I just had a white screen G55
    after I OC memory clock +2500Mhz,suddenly white screen
    I think the safest clock to add just +1000Mhz
    because,I already use MSI Afterburner and EVGA Precision X the max to add the memory clock is +1000Mhz not like nvidia inspector that can add up to +2500Mhz
    it's the second time white screen on my G55
    So what are your exact clocks then?

Quote Originally Posted by RPXZ View Post
    So what are your exact clocks then?
    here's the picture
    http://img.techpowerup.org/121025/nv...026_014420.png
    Last edited by NathanieLz; 10-26-2012 at 06:09 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by NathanieLz View Post
    Bro, your memory is too high at 1000, that's why. Try 400-500. If I go over 500+ my laptop locks up.

Quote Originally Posted by ikennyyy View Post
    Bro, your memory is too high at 1000, that's why. Try 400-500. If I go over 500+ my laptop locks up.
    nah,I'm just testing that bro
    I already set for 500 too

ROG Enthusiast Array

I can help you get past the +135 limit. Basically download nVidia inspector. Use the show overclock options. Go to performance level 5. Hit create clocks shortcut. Then when that shortcut is made on the desktop, right click on it and hit properites. In the target box delete everything past nvidiaInspector.exe" and paste this -forcepstate:0,0 -setGpuClock:0,2,835 -setMemoryClock:0,2,2500 make sure there is a space after the after the nvidiaInspector.exe" ... after that you can set the values you desire. What you wanna change is the 835 and 2500. Know, however, that this forces the performance state and your clocks will STAY at these values until you reboot, or change them then reapply the shortcut.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by bignazpwns View Post
    Yeah its locked. To get higher you need to force a pstate.

Install nvidia inspector. click overclocking and make a shotcut. "Bottom right tab"
    Right click the shortcut it makes on your desktop and click properties. Change the target "Example of mine"

"C:\Nvidia Inspector\nvidiaInspector.exe" -forcepstate:0,0 -setGpuClock:0,2,**** -setMemoryClockOffset:0,0,###

**** is your core clock. example 1100mhz.
    ### is your memory clock offset.

When you do this you will run at the max clock the whole time you will no longer throttle and down clock for 2d. I also mage a lower clocked shortcut that i click when i don't want it to be overclocked or when im playing games on the barrery that down clocks the gpu to 500mhz

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4211653 Thatch not even close to what the card max's out. with the volt mod my gtx 660m maxes out at slightly over 1500 on the core. with 82c load temps. That 1300-1400 is my every day use clocks and that clock in the bench was the highest i could get with no atrafacts and 100% stable. Not bad for a little 660m Really starts to show its teeth around 1100+ on the core.
    could you or someone else give a more detailed description of this process? i don t understand what shourtcut i need to change. the shourtcut that i create after i oc the clock +135?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ggBanks's Avatar

This method has not been working for a long time now. Nvidia fixed it when they released 320.xx drivers if I am not mistaken about the driver version. But yes, its not working anymore. Unless someone releases an unlocked BIOS for the Gx5 series, we are not gonna see any performance boost past the +135 mark. Bearing in mind that the Gx5 series is already 2 years old and no such BIOS exists, I really doubt we are gonna see any real overclocking at all.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast