Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant recovery Pre load Asus Wizzard setup

jesusjasd
Level 7
Cant recovery Pre load Asus Wizzard setup

Hello, this is my first post here.

This is the first time I buy a gaming laptop. I recently bought a g75v.

Because I had some problems with low fps, I decided to change the windows without any backup, assuming that I would have no problem.....well fatal error.

Then I do a format a partition where win 7 is installed after that I realize that is GPT disk partition and I can not install anything there.

I decide to opt for the option of using a factory restore partition.

Setup wizzard asks me to select language, follow the steps and then throws me the following error.

Windows can not find C: \ tools ○ 2cleanFPROM \ APP \ x64 \ vcsCleanSensorFlashEng.exe. Make sure you typed the name correclty and try again.

When I click ok show a BIG ERROR in RED COLOR

"Faided to get OS index after format"

The big problem is i cant type anything everything is automatic.

Please if any one know how can i make to asus star recover i appreaciate.

Note: Recovery partition are ok I didnt delete this.

Thanks for all your help
4 REPLIES 4

jesusjasd
Level 7
I found this solution, but im not sure if i should do it

convert a GPT disk to MBR by using the clean command in DiskPart, this way i will able to make a freash install, and delete GPT Proteccion to convert HD to NTFS

http://blog.paulgu.com/windows/delete-gpt-protective-partition/

Any suggestion ?

Thanks alot 🙂

Note: I dont know to much about all this, i just star google to find a solution

dstrakele
Level 14
The F9 ASUS Factory Recovery takes about an hour and reboots the system several times. If interrupted before completing, it will fail. Try the recovery again, but make sure the Windows Setup Wizard is displayed for at least 10 minutes before you touch anything.

If that fails, contact your retailer to see if you can exchange your defective laptop for a new one or get a complete refund. Do not let anyone talk you into an RMA to ASUS for Warranty repair.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Hello, i did what you suggest but got same error.

Anyone know if there is available recovery files for g75v

Finally i made decision to do a diskpart and make the convertion of GPT to NTFS.

People that happen for this, just make a fresh install of windows and that it

No recover files, No Burn DVD, Nothing about that

I can install new version of Windows 7 ultimate with all asus aplication from dvd drivers 🙂