cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you tell if the G75 is using the Intel HD or Nvidia Geforce 660m for games?

tkolarik
Level 9
I have had this unit for a month now, but have done little gaming. When I played a game the other day the game ran great but the frame rates seemed low. I set them to max fps and still got about 60-70.

I thought that if it didn't need the extra power it for video it might not kick it in, so I look to make it run the 660m. I opened the Nvidia control panel and selected the Manage 3D Setting at which point I selected the executable and under Multi-Display/mixed GPU setting I selected "single display performance mode". Then my game went as high a 600 fps.

So, is there any easier way to know whether the 660m is running other than using that setting?
2 REPLIES 2

rewben
Level 13
afaik, we run only the gpu all the way, the intel hd is disabled.

bignazpwns
Level 11
HD4000 does not work and there is no way to make it work as circuitry from the MD needed to use this feature was not included to cut the cost.

Good and bad.

Good you have any problems other systems have with games only using HD4000 or problems using 3D.

Bad that your battery life sucks. If you need more battery life try down clocking your gpu but it will only help so much. Don't expect to get anywhere close to 9 hours battery life on the G55/G75. Be happy with around 3 hours.