cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Graphics Option In BIOS, Why?

AjGilee
Level 7
I have N46Vm with Intel HD 4000 Graphics and Nvidia GT 630M.

I want to disable Intel HD so I can use maximum performance of Nvidia, why?
Because I saw the graphics smoother performance on a cheaper laptop A43S with i3 and GT 520M as main VGA with no optimus. So how do I pay more with worse performance not in gaming, but for example Windows Aero in Intel HD 4000 is not a match for Aero in the GT 520M directly.

Done some research and found that the solution is to disable it from BIOS, but I have no that option in my BIOS

So I want to know:
1. Why there is no option for: disable graphics switching, choose Intel HD only or choose Nvidia only.
2. If you say Nvidia can't work with Intel HD turned off, what the miracle that make that A43S can use the full power of nVidia (without Intel HD shows up in Device Manager.
3. I spend money to buy the Intel HD and Nvidia, so I think it will be more properly if I have right to be able to choose which Graphics I want to Use (at least in BIOS).

PS: Nvidia control panel can only arrange which program tuh use, but have no effect even I added OS program like explorer and Desktop windows manager..
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
Optimus is intended to balance performance with battery life and it is not designed to be turned off because it is integrated at a low level.

One thing that I would do is go into the Intel graphics properties and find the performance setting. Change that to high performance.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Please see the proof that Integrated (Intel HD) graphics can be disabled on Optimus Laptop.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?3544-Help-How-to-disable-Intel-HD-Graphics-ASUS-x52jc-ex434...