cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LF Hdmi To VGA/RCA/Component/Dvi cable

Cody_Irwin
Level 10
So yea, pretty much I wanna find a cable that goes from hdmi to everything else even with Hdmi included, I just got a zbox and tryin to find one of those but dont know what to type I saw one on newegg the other day just randomly and can not find it again.

I wan a cable to go from hdmi to all others including hdmi meaning

Hdmi
|
|~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~|~~~~|
VGA RCA(Red White Yellow) DVI Component HDMI(Optional)

Any help would be awesome, I really want a cord like this when I use it out of the house and have options, I jsut cant afford everything for this but i want to use it, So wherever I am there is a option of anything I have to use.

Thanks guys, I dont want a adapter either where it plugs into like a hub then I gotta run seperate cables, I just want it to plug into my hdmi port, then I plug it directly into my source where it will be.

Appreciate it!
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Strictly speaking there is no cable that actually converts HDMI to analog signals. The XBOX does tricky things with repurposing the connection that is not done with a standard HDMI connection. The only conversion that you can do with just a cable is to DVI-D because the two are electrically compatible. You won't be able to play anything that requires HDCP content protection but regular video will work. Otherwise if you want to convert from HDMI to an analog signal then you'll need a D/A converter box which is very expensive.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Cody_Irwin
Level 10
ugh you gotta be kidding me...

I cant afford that nor do I want to use a DVI adapter only... Ill just use the dvi port I have on it allready with also the hdmi port.

but i really want to be able to use component sometimes as well as a regular Video as in Red white yellow AV.

I have the adapter for dvi to vga I also got hdmi but i guess I gotta figure out a way to use the other two now... because not everyone has hd monitors/tvs with hdmi vga or dvi ports on it where i live for the people i know... really wanted to be able to have choices

Retired
Not applicable
Hmm. Well, you can get DVI to Composite connectors. I'd envision some kind of a DVI switchbox where you'd have HDMI -> DVI into the switchbox, then DVI -> Composite, DVI -> DVI, DVI -> VGA (often comes with video cards), DVI -> Whatever else you need out of it.

Alternatively, you could look for a video switch that has DVI/Composite/HDMI in it already.