cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g73jh speaker crack problem

Retired
Not applicable
okay..... I've had this problem for a long time already i just never decided to fix it properly and have been using earphones to fix the problem....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKTYSJr4PTEYouTube - Asus G73 Random Noise Problem thats a video with the same exact problem i have. i just leave my laptop there with no video or games running or anything that produces sound and it just cracks like crazy
sucks because i wouldnt be able to bring this to class unless i have a headphone

im on windows 7 ultimate 64-bit and using bios 211
6 REPLIES 6

Chastity
Level 10
It's been suggested that the issue arises from the audio chip getting too warm from system heat. Personally, I would open up the case, and reseat the fans, plus blow out the vents for any accumulated dust bunnies.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Retired
Not applicable
i can tell you i personally spent an entire work day messing with this. my help did as well. more then a few customers have too. i may not be up on the recent news regarding this issue as it is no longer relevant but never did find the solution on other then replace the audio board.

Retired
Not applicable
this can happen on brand new units as well as returns / refurbs. the issue was rectified after the summer in 2010 for future production

Retired
Not applicable
should i do some sort of mod to my laptop to prevent the audio from cracking? maybe a better fan? liquid cooling? idk....

I would recommend to send the laptop in for an RMA. I don't know of any fix other than replacing what's most likely causing the issue which is the audio board.

Retired
Not applicable
i got this laptop off craigslist and its been about 8 months i think... so RMA is not an option