cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD 7970 DirectCU II original bios.

gukuhn
Level 7
My ASUS Radeon HD 7970 DirectCU II (not TOP) is not working. Could someone post the original BIOS to try to fix?

I bought last month in Miami, but I am Brazilian and I can not go to Miami now.

Please if someone can help me!
21 REPLIES 21

HiVizMan
Level 40
http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/index.php?page=1&architecture=ATI&manufacturer=Asus&model=HD+7970...

Here are all the ASUS 7970 BIOS's just look at the details to see which card is which.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/index.php?page=1&architecture=ATI&manufacturer=Asus&model=HD+7970...

Here are all the ASUS 7970 BIOS's just look at the details to see which card is which.

Thanks for your help!

I think none of the six bios shown at the link is a original one. The first three are for the DCII Top, the 4. is an unlocked BIOS (which didnt work for me) and the 5. seems to be the bios for the standartversion everyone sells (it didnt work on my DCII, too). The 6. works on my card, but it doesnt reduce the voltage in idle.

I need both original bios, too. So can someone here upload the, please?

Elthy wrote:
I think none of the six bios shown at the link is a original one. The first three are for the DCII Top, the 4. is an unlocked BIOS (which didnt work for me) and the 5. seems to be the bios for the standartversion everyone sells (it didnt work on my DCII, too). The 6. works on my card, but it doesnt reduce the voltage in idle.

I need both original bios, too. So can someone here upload the, please?

But you tested the second listed? In details says just "DirectCU II" ?

The 2. Bios has 1000mhz speed, which means DCII Top...
@HiVizMan: What shall id do with this link? I cant find the right BIOS, just some extreme old ones...

Has someone the HD 7970 DCII (not TOP)?

HiVizMan
Level 40
http://www.mvktech.net/

Go have a look here Mavke is a good guy even if he sounds a bit rough at times.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you wish you can join the forum and ask them to help you. They collect BIOS nearly all of them, they do not post them for all to access. Only for members. 🙂

Why do you say your card is not working, and why do you just not flash it to the BIOS on the support page?

Why do you say your card is not working, and why do you just not flash it to the BIOS on the support page?

I flashed the unlocked BIOS to use more than 1.120V as corevoltage. This failed (only black screen) so i tried again. It faild again, i tried the 5. Bios on the list (another fail) and then the last. This one works, but it doesn't reduce the voltage in idle-mode so i have a much larger power-consumption than before...

And where is the bios on the support page? I only see this, only the driver and the different versions of GPU-Tweak...

Elthy wrote:
I flashed the unlocked BIOS to use more than 1.120V as corevoltage. This failed (only black screen) so i tried again. It faild again, i tried the 5. Bios on the list (another fail) and then the last. This one works, but it doesn't reduce the voltage in idle-mode so i have a much larger power-consumption than before...

And where is the bios on the support page? I only see this, only the driver and the different versions of GPU-Tweak...

OK, I dont knew.

So, I´m back to the start point. I need the original Bios too. :S

If you found, tell me please.