cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus are out of GPU parts

Bundy_Drop_Bear
Level 9
Just phone the service center and was told that there is ashortage of GPU parts, so they are going to send my laptop back to me and will hopefully call me when they have a replacement.

I did have a fix for the flickering on my laptop, (uninstalling the 3d Drivers) so it will have to do tlll
they get the part they need.

Hopefully they can get the part in quickly and get me laptop back to me in a shorter period than they have currently had it which is 4 weeks.
2 REPLIES 2

naidzels
Level 7
That`s too bad. Because I am having the same issues. Well not as often as you, but when I am watching video, I got those white horizontal strips on my screen. It happens like in 2-5mins but who knows, maybe with time it goes worse.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
Level 9
Well I had my laptop for 2 months when I dicided to send it in as driver updates wern't Fixing the flickering.
you tube was ok didn't see any flicker when wwatching clips/video, was only ion games that it occured
even once hat weren't graphis intennsive, like sins of the solar Empire/world of goo(steam game) and scorched eearth 3D all had the flicker.

Anyway me laptop should be back in me hands by friday, unless the parts turn up before the send it back(which i highly dought will happen)

at least my temp fix will reduce the flickeriing to a tolerable level.