cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete guide to uninstall nvidia drivers. Fixs pink screen and black screen

Noflak
Level 7
Hey everyone, this is my first post.

Ive had the pink screen of death when i was with the nvidia drivers 296.10, when i downloaded the 301.42 thq version i had the black screen of dead i could hear the windows sound but no image of the desktop screen, so i hit hibernate and i could enter, then after 2 dayssearching for solutions i found it.

killed 2 birds with one stone upgraded to beta version 304.79

but before that i uninstall all nvidia drivers. while searching i found a cool guide on how to uninstall the drivers and leave all clean with out having to delete manually the nvidia drivers.

first follow instructions from this page http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1174372&mpage=1

Have ccleaner and physoxn driver sweeper, also i recommend it since for me its the best, buy or get the advanced system optimazer smart pc care. it will delete the registrys and folders that the ccleaner and drive sweeper cant plus some option that will leave you pc like a new baby.

Download the beta first use autodetect in case you dont know (just saying you all know wich one is)
to uninstall leave the display drivers for last uninstall first physx then 3d drivers and so on until the last is Nvidia display drivers.
you will restart in almost all of them.
after rebooting 3 times.

hit f8 and go to safe mode (when you see the asus logo hit f8 and you will enter to the menu on how ya wanna boot)

have ccleaner and physoxn driver swipe, also i recommend it since for me its the best buy or get the advanced system optimazer smart pc care. it will delete the registrys and folders that the ccleaner and drive sweep cant plus some option that will leave you pc like a new baby.

use first cc cleaner clean all registrys scan at least 5 times until theres notting in there.
then use driver sweeper and mark 3 boxes nvidia chipset,display and physx.

hit analyse after getting all the left overs of the drivers hit clean.

it will ask you to reboot.

once again hit f8 and use cclean at least 3 times just to make sure again.
now use the advanced system optimazer smart pc care.
Do a deep scan it will clean the left overs.

once done that install the new drivers for nvidia the 304.79. (that one worked for me).

then reboot again now in normal mode and Party time... ohh i forgot download also the techpowerup gcpuz (to check if all the things are install plus check the temp of the gpu).

I really hope this post help ya all out. It work for me
0 REPLIES 0