cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX680 DCII versions pcb

H3avyM3tal
Level 9
I'm looking into buying this card, but can only get the 'normal' dcii vesion (not the overclokced or top version), and I was wondering:

What is the differences between the three? Do they share absolutly the same pcb and pcb components and only the core itself is different?
3930k - RIVF bios 4102 - 16Gb Corsair Dom GT - GTX970x2 - SS 860W
2 REPLIES 2

lenehan
Level 10
DC II using the same Direct CUT cooling system with the TOP version. The TOP version default factory overclock with clock boost to1201. If I remeber correctly both are using the same PCB but not the component.
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

Menthol
Level 14
The reference 680 is the same board as all the manufacturers, the DC2T and DC 2O use the same non reference board with different clocks. If it uses same components I am not sure, but I have seen someone say the bios could be flashed to the saame clocks, not that I would recommend that as it would void the warranty. The DC2T (top) is available at NEWEGG http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121634 they can be very difficult to find either in stock as they are very good cards and priced very competitively.