cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got my new ASUS G75V and I wonder if I should keep the battery out @home?

joyfulPo
Level 8
I just got my new ASUS G75V after returning one with dead pixels, this one doesn't have any dead pixel that I can see yet.

But I have a question, I never use the battery for the laptop really but does it do any harm\damage if I keep the battery on the laptop while I use the power from cable from the wall? :confused:

I just thought it gave a nice balance to the laptop by having the battery in when it's on my lap.

But would be nice if in the long run it could do bad for my laptop, if the battery dies (I don't care so much about that, as that isn't something I really need).

So what say you?

(Oh yeah, by the way the GPU temp is at 37-40 c now, is this good?)
4 REPLIES 4

Korky
Level 9
The moment I bought my G75VW which was 2 months ago until this date I have never ever had the battery connected! if I go to work I connect it to the AC power directly, same at home

Don't damage your battery man, keep it for emergencies only its hard to replace

dstrakele
Level 14
Having the battery either in or out of your laptop will not harm your laptop in any way, so it's your choice. It will only affect the life of your battery. http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries discusses how to prolong the life of your battery. http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries is a good article discussing the charging of Li-ion batteries.

As you observed, having the battery installed in the laptop makes it feel more comfortable on your lap. It also offers uninterruptable power supply functionality should there be a power outage in your house. This can prevent loss of work {or effort you spent to reach a certain level in a game).

GPU temp is looking good. I recommend running HWINFO64 to monitor your CPU/GPU temperatures and fan speeds.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Cool and thanks for the reply.

I'm going to install HWiNFO64 right now and run 3DMark and PCMark but as they run I don't think I can keep an eye on HWiNFO64 on the same time, can I? I mean there are full screen testings? Hmmm.

dstrakele
Level 14
You can configure HWINFO64 to log information, display the sensors of your choice in a widget that can run on top of your applications, or on your taskbar.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT