cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I more then often get disconnected from the wireless Internet, can drivers fix this?

joyfulPo
Level 8
I more then often get disconnected from the wireless internet, and that can be very bad when your in a online game.
I know it must be something with this G75VX because the G73Jh is not getting any disconnects at all, ever without the box crashes.

So is this a driver issue or?
And if so, where\how do I find the correct drivers?
Kinda found a page with drivers but there are different names like Atheros and Intel WiFi, have no idea what to do.

Getting worse now 😞
12 REPLIES 12

cl-scott
Level 12
It would be a good place to start if you're having issues. It may or may not resolve your issue, it depends on what is causing the issue in the end, but updating the drivers could very well resolve the issue.

cl-scott wrote:
It would be a good place to start if you're having issues. It may or may not resolve your issue, it depends on what is causing the issue in the end, but updating the drivers could very well resolve the issue.

I have the newest drivers, just found out.
But seriously, it's weird.

I just lose the internet for few seconds all the time now, I don't get it.

2 meter away from the box.
G73Jh have no issue with the connection, have been connected all the time while this got disconnected now 10 times in the last 4 hours or so.

Can't complete any Battlefield 3 games and I don't know what to do, will I have to return this back as well?
Cus the first G75V that had dead pixels also acted the same way when it comes to the internet.

dstrakele
Level 14
What Antivirus software are you running? If it is McAfee, it may be possible that DPC Latency spikes are interfering with your internet connectivity. Uninstall McAfee, REBOOT, and choose another Antivirus product. Personally, I use Microsoft Security Essentials and MalwareBytes AntiMalware, but there are other popular choices.

Consider troubleshooting with DPC Latency Checker if that fails to resolve your issue.

Reboot your Router and Modem. On the Router side, consider configuring with WPA2-Personal Security with AES Encryption. Delete your WIreless Network in Windows, and then reconnect to your router.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
What Antivirus software are you running? If it is McAfee, it may be possible that DPC Latency spikes are interfering with your internet connectivity. Uninstall McAfee, REBOOT, and choose another Antivirus product. Personally, I use Microsoft Security Essentials and MalwareBytes AntiMalware, but there are other popular choices.

Consider troubleshooting with DPC Latency Checker if that fails to resolve your issue.

Reboot your Router and Modem. On the Router side, consider configuring with WPA2-Personal Security with AES Encryption. Delete your WIreless Network in Windows, and then reconnect to your router.

I'm using the Avast! Anti-Virus and Windows 7 Firewall.
Hm, thanks for some of the tips, I'll look into it and I welcome any other suggestions aswell as I work on this.

dstrakele
Level 14
Your router also has a log, which while painful to page through, may indicate why the G75 client is being disconnected.

Ops, I noticed in the Windows Security somewhere thing, that there was something about two firefall colliding.
Now after reboot, it didn't say that anymore.

Can't stay up much longer but so far I can't say there have been any internet disconnecting. Hopefully it was fixed as simple as that.

🙂

dstrakele
Level 14
Firewall collisions can cause intermittent disconnection issues. You may need to configure the Avast Firewall or consider using just the Windows 7 firewall.

dstrakele wrote:
Firewall collisions can cause intermittent disconnection issues. You may need to configure the Avast Firewall or consider using just the Windows 7 firewall.

No firewalls.
Windows 7 up to date.
Drivers up to date.

Still I get disconnected very often from the Internet and it's only on G75V it happens, not G73Jh.
It's not the Internet itself or the modem.

I have to manually disconnect myself from my home network to then connect back to it for the Internet to come up again.

Update: Okey, I just got this from Customer Support
http://support.asus.com/Troubleshooting/detail.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G75VW&s=388&hashedid=gkyI9iVi...

New Update: I came to the conclussion that this G75V has a powerful wireless card inside of it.
So, there is alot of other wireless networks around in this neighbourhood and as this
card is so powerful, those other wireless networks interference with my connection, so I get disconnects
when I play games, easily.

Answer to my own question: Turn of wireless device\internet and start using cable.

The card itself is not powerful. It's actually a lower-end Atheros card, (unless you've purchased your G75VW from a retailer that doesn't use the Atheros card). It's likely that your router is having interference issues.

Many routers will have a feature that allows you to list the other networks in the vicinity, including what channels they're running on. If you choose a new channel for your router that is not being used by nearby networks, you'll likely see better connectivity, and likely some increased performance.

Another route you can go is to purchase a better WiFi card that supports the 5Ghz range, which is likely less crowded. Having made that change at my house, I see a massive increase in quality of signal. (Mind you, the change of the internal card will void your warranty and isn't a change for a complete novice. There are fantastic disassembly guides available online for the G75VW.)