cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimizing the g75

peterleerule
Level 7
Hey Guys. So I'm loving my G75. Playing Red orchestra 2 highest setting at 1080 no problem. Just wondering. How I can even max out more of my performance. I want even morepower! Any tweaks i can do besides overclocking the GPU or CPU.
8 REPLIES 8

cl-scott
Level 12
I know this might well be considered blasphemous on a forum like this, but I think sometimes people miss the forest for the trees with gaming laptops. So much time is spent trying to tweak settings to get just that little bit of additional performance, people rather tend to forget to simply play games and ENJOY.

cl-scott wrote:
I know this might well be considered blasphemous on a forum like this, but I think sometimes people miss the forest for the trees with gaming laptops. So much time is spent trying to tweak settings to get just that little bit of additional performance, people rather tend to forget to simply play games and ENJOY.

This man speaks the truth.

Apexing
Level 9
you can overclock the cpu and the gpu, thats about the only way to get more out of it, if you dont have a ssd get it, it will short down load times.

mrwolf
Level 10
Lol yea.. if you want it running at optimum performance you can get the latest drivers and OC your CPU + GPU

mrwolf wrote:
Lol yea.. if you want it running at optimum performance you can get the latest drivers and OC your CPU + GPU

you can't overclock the cpu
only the gpu is overcloackable

aminof wrote:
you can't overclock the cpu
only the gpu is overcloackable

Yes you can. The CPU can be overclocked up to like 4 GHz with Intel extreme tuning utility.

c_man
Level 11
If you did this and you know the safe settings, post them. But put also a warning, XTU might brick the laptop.

mrwolf
Level 10
Yea i forgot to mention that it is a bit dangerous to use XTU and overclocking CPU as it alters your bios and could brick the laptop if not used properly.

Safe settings would be to set CPU power to 105Mhz which is about 3.5Ghz