cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G75vw Speaker Resolution

ismashuface
Level 7
Hello. I just received my ASUS G75vw notebook. I noticed that there was a subwoofer on the bottom of the notebook, which I thought was a good addition to a laptop. Unfortunately, after installing the latest VIA driver from the ASUS website(Driver 6.0.1.10600) the sound seemed to be only coming from the right bottom side of the laptop. Not sure if there is a workaround for this situation but I paid good money for this laptop and it seems as if the speakers really suck. Does anyone know if there is a good workaround? Should I uninstall these drivers and revert back to a different one? Should I change certain settings to get sound coming from both sides of the computer and equal?

Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1

dstrakele
Level 14
Check out http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?14986-G75-audio-system-bugreport&highlight=audio+report. I recommend reading this thread from the last page backwards, so you get the latest information first. @c-man has a guide to configuring the VIA driver with a link to that thread in his signature, so check out his posts.

A clean installation of the driver may be important, rather than just installing over the top of your current VIA version. Here's what I'd do if I owned one:

1) Uninstall the current VIA driver from "Control Panel - Uninstall a program".

2) Reboot into Safe mode and run Driver Sweeper to remove any VIA driver remnants. Consider following up with CCleaner to clean up the registry.

3) Reboot into Safe Mode and install the recent VIA driver.

Booting into Safe Mode will disable other running drivers, such as Anti virus, that may interfere with your VIA cleanup and installation.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT