cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi problems with mPcie formula v

ientity
Level 7
Hi all and sorry for this First post! Got My new build going this week even tho i thought im to old for this.
Everything works fine except wifi!! Drivning me nuts. I see the signal and when i try to connect it says unable to connect.
It worked just after First all install then after reboot it nerver work again.
The signal is full so its not à problem. Now i use netgear usb but i got formula v to get rid of this usb crap.

This combo Card is so and so i must say.
8 REPLIES 8

TL
Level 7
Did you attach the antenna?

TL@ASUS wrote:
Did you attach the antenna?

Hi ! Yes both, and i have very strong signal as well. I mean it should atleast Connect to the router!

I unplugged both anthennas and it went down to 1 bar , so its deffinetly working but something is preventing it from connecting.

Anyone got any ide, should i call asus perhaps ? Is there no asus representative here ? I just came from a 5 year old core2duo and just wish things went a little more smoth, everything else seem to work just fine. Now it constantly tries to connect but just says unable to connect to " routername" . So it cant be hardware can it ? bluetooth workes fine as well.

I checked in bios and it comes up as disabled, but in windows it work ? can this be a part of it ?
Its under sata in bios.

Any software i can try outside asus own driver ?

Exactly same problem here. WIth a an external WiFi USB adapter my connection works fine. Help, please.

ientity wrote:
I unplugged both anthennas and it went down to 1 bar , so its deffinetly working but something is preventing it from connecting.

Anyone got any ide, should i call asus perhaps ? Is there no asus representative here ? I just came from a 5 year old core2duo and just wish things went a little more smoth, everything else seem to work just fine. Now it constantly tries to connect but just says unable to connect to " routername" . So it cant be hardware can it ? bluetooth workes fine as well.

I checked in bios and it comes up as disabled, but in windows it work ? can this be a part of it ?
Its under sata in bios.

Any software i can try outside asus own driver ?

Windows Firewall could be a problem here,just a thought.Could be wrong though.
ASUS CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z
AMD FX 8350 (1252)
INTEL CORE I7 2600K (3134A867)
ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME-Z (0002)

OCZ VERTEX 3 120 SSD
GIGABYTE 890FXA UD7 REV 2.1 (F3)
GIGABYTE 890FXA UD7 REV 2.0 (F3)
VARIOUS AMD CPU's
8 GIG G-SKILL SNIPER LOW VOLTAGE 1600
4 GIG G-SKILL RIPJAWS X 2133 C9
8 GIG CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1600 C8 (HYNIX)
CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 800D
CORSAIR HX1000W PSU
2X RADEON HD6970'S XFIRE
4X SAMSUNG F3 1T HDD's 2X RAID 0
CUSTOM WATERCOOLING

Exactly same problem. I bought 1 week ago, update my old win7 to win8 and it does't connect. What should be? Any idea? Post author fix the problem?

[]'s
Maximus Fodelis
Chassis : Cooler Master CM690 @ allblack
PSU : OCZ EliteXStream 800W
CPU : Intel Core i7 3770k
RAM : 4x4Gb Kingston HyperX 1600
Mobo : Asus Maximus V Formula
GPUs : Msi Radeon HD 6870 Twin Frozr II
Internal SSD : 2xSamsung 830 120Gb RAID0 + Samsung 500Gb 5400RPM

Hi, to bad of me not posting 'fix', well it wasnt software, i har accidently broken the small Cable when tighten the sqrew. So te Cable for 2.4 ghz broke but the 5ghz worked thats why it showed like it was working but could not connect , since router was only 2.4 ghz. So i switched to 2.4 ghz connectors and it worked. Since u went to win 8 and it worked before it must be software.

hanoo
Level 7
I also broke one of the two black wires by twisting the outside antennaes so much. When installing the replacement, i split the two wires where its held together by rubber further apart with a razorblade so they go into the i/o ports without straining the wires. Now i have a tight connection with the outside antennas where before it was always loose.