cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooling pad?

Thaladred
Level 7
Hey guys with the new whql 306.23 being installed into my G75, I have been getting massive performance increase in gaming. But I've also noticed my machine getting hotter and the fans working harder to compensate. Granted, the highest I've ever seen it go so far was 71, and this was on ultra Guild Wars 2 and max settings for Deus Ex: Human revolution. I know that that isn't very high and cause for concern, but too me it's something that makes me a little paranoid, since the fans have been fairly quiet since I bought this G75 until the awesome 306.23 drivers were released a day or two ago.

My graphics card is a 660m overclocked to +135 MHz and 500+ memory clock offset. ( I've been overclocking it for awhile and it never went 59+ in heat until the new drivers.) So would a cooling pad help out with heat a little bit?
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
This really doesn't sound like a problem as your temps are acceptable and the fans are *supposed* to be running faster when you're gaming, but yes a cooling pad will help a bit. Not sure that it will make your fans run like the system is idle however.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

mrwolf
Level 10
Cooling pad will not help you my friend.. This laptops design just doesnt work well with cooling pads as main fans are not vented.. The best thing to do is drill some holes in the back like what i did to mine..

But really 71degrees is NOT HIGH !!!!! i hit 75-76 everyday overclocked running Planetside 2.. You can hit up to 90degrees until you will be causing any damage by the way..

mrwolf wrote:
Cooling pad will not help you my friend.. This laptops design just doesnt work well with cooling pads as main fans are not vented.

Exactly. I should have been more specific. A cooling pad is only going to help remove a bit of heat that is radiated through the chassis and possibly through the vented maintenance panel so it is going to be of limited effectiveness.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…