Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct x 10 / 11 Not working on ASUS CG8565 Pre Build Windows 7 64 Bit

danlawrance_
Level 7
Hello

Please Help

I have been trying to play various dx 10 / 11 games on my ROG 8565 pre build, It has a Geforce 550 Ti inside. Basically I have done a full format and Re install with all new Nvidia drivers, new Direct X directly from MS.

Its coming up with 6.0 on the windows experience index and it used to be 7.3 . I have tried playing with Virtue etc, no avail.

So no dx 10 / 11 games will play , everything just crashes or just closes itself. Dx 9 Games however work fine as I am playing Black Mesa on it now at very high FPS on max settings.

Any ideas people? Everything else works a charm. Im tempted to buy a new card but im worried it might be a MOBO problem.

Thanks

Dan
28 REPLIES 28

HiVizMan
Level 40
Dan out of interest what OS are you running?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Im on WIndows 7 64 bit

But

I just upgraded to a 7950 as I was going to anyway and ITS THE SAME AHHHH!

same 6.0 on WEI . Must be bios or something

Dan

HiVizMan
Level 40
Well since you put the new card in, what I would do is download the latest AMD drivers, new ones are out. And do a clean install. By that I mean first boot into safe mode and remove all the old drivers, and while you are at it remove the old DirectX install. Once done, reboot and install both new AMD drivers and full DirectX again.

Should be good to go.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I did all that before i installed the new card.

I think its something to do with the onboard I7 graphics card being seen as primary or something.

Although I have managed to get it so it only sees the Asus 7950.

Im totally stumped.

Dan

HiVizMan
Level 40
Ah that bit you did not mention that you are connecting to the motherboard video output.

In that case this is the next steps. Please connect the VGA cables to the graphic card and not the motherboard on-board port.

In your system BIOS please select advanced then system agent configuration.

Now select primary display as PCIe

F10 and you are good to go.

No i have always connected it via hdmi to the gfx card. Im not a complete noob haha.

Dan

danlawrance` wrote:
No i have always connected it via hdmi to the gfx card. Im not a complete noob haha.

Dan

Well still go into the bios and disable the on board just to be certain. Please.

Done , its the same 😞

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK cool.

Here is what I want you to do. First you will need to tell me what your actual hardware is. Like CPU and motherboard, at the moment I am guessing that it is some i5 CPU and a MIVG board.

If you have an over clock you need to tell me that too. Actually all you need to do is download CPUz and take screenshots of the first screen, the motherboard tab and the memory tab and I will have all the information I need.

We are going to reset your system to factory defaults and you will start all over again and this time it will work.