cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with GTX 690-Low fps

kimon
Level 7
Hello,
Today, when i open my pc i notice, with MSI Afterburner, that my GPU (1) usage is to high, with out running any 3D aplication or game.
Then i run Unigine 3.0 and the GPU's core's speed's are stucked at 324MHz all the time, and i get 17~20 fps.
i have intall the latest drivers 306.23 and the problem didn't solve. I decide to do a clean setup (format) to my system, but still nothnig....

Any help?

my system specs:

Intel Core i7 3960X
GTX 690
Asus Rampage IV extreme ( with 2105 bios)
Windows 7 x64
32 REPLIES 32

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello

What you can try is in the PCH section in advanced disable the HPT and see if that sorts your issue out.

And/or navigate to the PCIe section and select Gen 2
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thank you for the fast reply.

I've disable the HPT but problem still remains 😞

**edit: now i notice that in GPU-Z render test at full screen one GPU is running on PCI-E 3.0 and thw other at PCI-E 1.1 ....

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK do not worry about that too much, rather download GPUz for me and show me the main tab please.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Right your card is running as it should be running. There is a built in feature that will downclock the card when the card is not stressed. If you wish to test your card out please run Vantage at default clocks and post your score here. Either version of Vantage or Vantage 11 is good.

Thank you again.

I've install the vantage, but when the loading screen (from the 1st test) it disappears i can see only a black screen and the test does not start....

It's likely to be a hardware problem?

**Edit
I dont know if it helps but here is my results from Unigine 3.0....

During the test the GPU(1) usage was 99% @324MHz & GPU(2) 1% 421MHz. I don't know what's going on with my system....

kimon wrote:
Thank you again.

I've install the vantage, but when the loading screen (from the 1st test) it disappears i can see only a black screen and the test does not start....

It's likely to be a hardware problem?

**Edit
I dont know if it helps but here is my results from Unigine 3.0....

During the test the GPU(1) usage was 99% @324MHz & GPU(2) 1% 421MHz. I don't know what's going on with my system....

I have that problem, when I play games then suddenly the GPU play's at 405mhz and at 99% of GPU usage, when I close the game and open a new game it still playing at 405mhz and at 99% GPU usage which is very strange. Which I have to force to restart the PC. The problem I find out was the NVIDIA drivers and overclocking. It still show's me the right stats but the GPU still acted weird.

To fix it I have to down-clock using MSI afterburner and increase the voltage of the GPU and use the right drivers that worked perfectly. Now by looking at your MSI afterburner I see that you did not change the voltage of your card, I bought the GTX 560ti and the voltage was at V0.97 and I have to set it to V1.37 which solved the problem. Don't set it like mine but make sure to look at more forums and check which voltage should be suitable with the GTX 690.
Case: Antec 300 Mini Tower Motherboard: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev1.3) CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 560ti (950mhz) RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz PSU: Corsair CX 750 Driver: 320.00
Been building PC's for 8 Years! 😉

HiVizMan
Level 40
That is maybe a driver issue, I see you are running the latest drivers. The one linked below.

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-306.23-whql-driver-uk.html

Did you do a clean install or did you just install over your old driver?

Download Unigene Heaven and see if that benchmark will run please.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thanks PlaneName you have this card and I will gladly hand over to you now.