Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Super Moderator Array

Most people may prefer to avoid this option, but if you don't mind sending the unit to ASUS for service, they may have a solution.
    Be sure to report/remind the technicians to check this issue if you have multiple issues to take care of and let me know if there are any problems.
    Last edited by cl-Albert@ROG; 09-19-2013 at 06:45 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hello Yellowll! I have the same issue. Did you find a solution to this issue or RMA is the way to go?

New ROGer Array

Bringing this thread back from the dead!

I am having the same issues as others have stated, My left side usb ports rarely recognize anything that is USB 3.0 or drop out shortly after they do. When I finally do get a 3.0 device to connect, it will usually drop out if the cable is moved in the slightest. Not sure if this is a hardware issue or not, but I do know that when the cable is wiggled of a 2.0 device I will not get the same problem. 2.0 devices have no issue remaining connected.

Has ASUS come out with any type of fix for this problem?? PLEASE HELP!

USB 3.0 devices, due to their design (smaller pins recessed further in the port), are much more susceptible to dropping the connection. This is not unique to ASUS, and fairly prevalent across the industry, especially with "looser" ports and connections.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix98 View Post
    Bringing this thread back from the dead!

I am having the same issues as others have stated, My left side usb ports rarely recognize anything that is USB 3.0 or drop out shortly after they do. When I finally do get a 3.0 device to connect, it will usually drop out if the cable is moved in the slightest. Not sure if this is a hardware issue or not, but I do know that when the cable is wiggled of a 2.0 device I will not get the same problem. 2.0 devices have no issue remaining connected.

Has ASUS come out with any type of fix for this problem?? PLEASE HELP!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zygomorphic View Post
    USB 3.0 devices, due to their design (smaller pins recessed further in the port), are much more susceptible to dropping the connection. This is not unique to ASUS, and fairly prevalent across the industry, especially with "looser" ports and connections.
    fyi.
    We may want to get the confirmation from paul.bww that everything was solved, but I was in contact with this customer last year as they worked with their local service center.
    From what I remember the unit had to be brought back a second time to be fixed, but as far as I know the left G75VW USB 3.0 ports were finally repaired on that unit.

Anyway, if everything is working okay with the right USB ports, my suggestion for the G75VW customers seeing the problem with the left USB 3.0 ports who want to pursue it is to work with their local service center/RMA department to get the hardware fixed.

Feel free to send me a PM at cl-Albert or discusss more on this thread with me if you wish. Thanks.
    Last edited by cl-Albert@ROG; 04-25-2014 at 06:34 PM.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Paul the work around to RMA is too just use the Right side ports for USB 3.0 I use a Hub and the front right port it has increased amps and stay powered up wit the NB Shut Down. I found the following right angle Cable perfect for this purpose http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Right-Angl...ngle+extension
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2