cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok me laptop is back

Bundy_Drop_Bear
Level 9
it arrivd this morning, imcurently installing updated drivers(which the ASUS guy said he would do) after installing the new VGA card, current drivers are 297.63, so clearly he didn't install the latest drivers.

There is still a small screen flicker but not as bad as before, hopefully I won't have to send it back again. and the drivers fix it.
9 REPLIES 9

rewben
Level 13
good to hear and best of luck 🙂

but how come you still experience screen flickers?

bignazpwns
Level 11
Yes you still have a flicker? IMO they did not fix anything i have used those drivers and never got any flickers on the laptop display, hd tv connected via mini display port, hdmi and vga.

If you send it back again stamp the pcb with a non conductive uv paint or a simple uv marker to make it. This way when it comes back you can use a uv light and see if the mark is there so you know wither or not they replaced your gpu.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
Level 9
the latest drivers have removed all traces as far as I can tell, just spent 30 min playing Just Cause 2 and 15 min before that i was playing Skyrim.
Soall is good now, plus uv paint i have no idea where to by it, plus I'm form the States so it may not be as readily available to me.

Bundy_Drop_Bear wrote:
the latest drivers have removed all traces as far as I can tell, just spent 30 min playing Just Cause 2 and 15 min before that i was playing Skyrim.
Soall is good now, plus uv paint i have no idea where to by it, plus I'm form the States so it may not be as readily available to me.

Dude...magic marker for uv paint 😛 and you're from the States eh? thought you was an Aussie 😛

rewben
Level 13
nice 🙂 finally

chrsplmr
Level 18
Victory is yours ... go kill some'thin.c.

Bundy_Drop_Bear
Level 9
yep I will currently Reinstalling win7HP, then Ill installthe drivers i want, plus a few rog enhancements like the cursor pack + rog win7 theme + ROG boot screen animation + ROG win7 logon background. then upadte all drivers and away I shell go.

Woofyhugger
Level 7
Great to hear Bundy.
G750JH-T4074H i7-4700HQ, 32GB, 512GB SSD + 1TB , GTX780M-4GB
G75VW-T1013V
G74SX

AlanMcKinnon
Level 10
Bundy_Drop_Bear wrote:
it arrivd this morning, imcurently installing updated drivers(which the ASUS guy said he would do) after installing the new VGA card, current drivers are 297.63, so clearly he didn't install the latest drivers.

There is still a small screen flicker but not as bad as before, hopefully I won't have to send it back again. and the drivers fix it.

To be fair, Nvidia's 297.63 is the last WHQL driver that ASUS approved for use with G75's, so in ASUS terms, he did install the "latest" driver.

That aside, good to hear that someone had their issue fixed.