cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW-BBK5. Palm Rest Contact Creates Green and Red Pixels On Screen

bbatod
Level 7
Hi,

I've recently purchased ASUS G75VW-BBK5 of from eBay. It has a strange issue. When I put my hands on the palm rest the computer starts to show Red or Green pixels all over the screen. It also happens when I just touch the palm rest area with my finger. Did anyone have the same problem? When I touch the palm rest area few more times sometimes it gets better and when it gets better, if I touch the palm rest again it starts to show red and green pixels all over the screen again. Is some sort of wire under the palm rest loose or something?

If someone had the same issue before please let me know and if you know any fixes let me know.

I was so excited to get the laptop but the issue started to happen from the first ever boot.

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Andili
Level 7
I had a similar problem with my previous Qosmio and i was able to fix it by putting the system back to factory standart.

I hope this might help you

Andy

Andili wrote:
I had a similar problem with my previous Qosmio and i was able to fix it by putting the system back to factory standart.

I hope this might help you

Andy

By Factory standard, you mean restore to factory settings with the restore partition or windows dvd? I think it has a problem with the hardware and something is loose under the palm rest. I am not sure what it is. Display cable is loose or something.

dstrakele
Level 14
Changing video behavior by touching the palmrest indicates your issue is most likely caused by hardware. See http://rog.asus.com/forum/printthread.php?t=22078&pp=10&page=1.

It's unlikely an ASUS Factory Restore will have any effect.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
Changing video behavior by touching the palmrest indicates your issue is most likely caused by hardware. See http://rog.asus.com/forum/printthread.php?t=22078&pp=10&page=1.

It's unlikely an ASUS Factory Restore will have any effect.

Thanks for the link!. Yeah it might be something to do with hardware. I'll check with external monitor.

bbatod wrote:
Thanks for the link!. Yeah it might be something to do with hardware. I'll check with external monitor.

c'mon dude... why don't you proceed with a return arrangement yet?? this make me funny men!!! as @dstrakele said, this seems kinda H/W defect and 'm 99% sure on that,,,,I'll stay on least 1% and playing with my ex-displays, if ma penny not worthy for buying a damn good laptop!!!

If this brought from an ebay, things even worse men. These kinda things could happens because of incorrect shipping handling or item may already defected by the manufacture level. Anyway your seller agreed to a return policy on this purchase quiet better to resolve this soon before itz gonna too late.

dstrakele
Level 14
Agreed.- If you have the option to return or exchange the laptop, take it.!
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

I am just looking if it is a easy fix or not. If it is something not easily fixed then I am going to send it to ASUS. I already started the RMA, just need to send it. The reason why I am not sending is that if it is simple as connecting some cable then i am not gonna shell out 30 to 50 buck and wait 20 plus days to get my computer fixed. Thanks for the replies tho. I will probably send it in this week.