cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend G75VW battery life?

Bryan123
Level 7
I'm now a happy owner of G75VW. 😄 It came w/ no defects and I'm so happy about it. i have read many threads about defects and many problem about their G75s and thank God mine has no defect 😄 Its fast, responsive i cant see any cons. i just want to know how can i extend the battery life of this monster. i have downloaded Nvidia Powermizer but i havent tried it. does it really extends battery life. Do you know other ways to extend the battery life? please tell me pls 😞
9 REPLIES 9

xeromist
Lowering the display brightness and setting the Windows performance mode to Battery Saver can help.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

I get about 3 hours from this laptop. Sometimes i get even more actually. Just make sure your in battery mode. And reduce your screen brightness and make sure your backlit keyboard is off. Also you can close unnecessary programs in the background off. and close your widgets too!

I mainly use the laptop for classes. I take it to class. (So nice using a big screen to take notes). I use onenote and also just have the web page to do some googling on the side.

Nothing serious or intense to drain the battery.

Works like a charm!

GottiBoi55
Level 10
Bryan123 wrote:
I'm now a happy owner of G75VW. 😄 It came w/ no defects and I'm so happy about it. i have read many threads about defects and many problem about their G75s and thank God mine has no defect 😄 Its fast, responsive i cant see any cons. i just want to know how can i extend the battery life of this monster. i have downloaded Nvidia Powermizer but i havent tried it. does it really extends battery life. Do you know other ways to extend the battery life? please tell me pls 😞

A good way to help extend "battery life" is to calibrate the battery.
you need to setup a "new power plan", and call it "battery calibration"
once you setup the new plan, you need to set all setting in the draw down to "never"
now you need to select a MP3 file with a bit rate of 128 kbps, then set your media player to "repeat mode".
next you need to let this MP3 file play on battery (with volume all the way down) till your laptop powers off on it's own.
* but make sure you do nothing else on your laptop till this procedure is over*
this will take about four hours or more to complete.
then plug the charger back in and fully charge the battery back up.
you should notice a difference in battery life after this procedure.

Good luck, and enjoy!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

GottiBoi55 wrote:
A good way to help extend "battery life" is to calibrate the battery.
you need to setup a "new power plan", and call it "battery calibration"
once you setup the new plan, you need to set all setting in the draw down to "never"
now you need to select a MP3 file with a bit rate of 128 kbps, then set your media player to "repeat mode".
next you need to let this MP3 file play on battery (with volume all the way down) till your laptop powers off on it's own.
* but make sure you do nothing else on your laptop till this procedure is over*
this will take about four hours or more to complete.
then plug the charger back in and fully charge the battery back up.
you should notice a difference in battery life after this procedure.

Good luck, and enjoy!

I'm going to repeat a mp3 on the lowest volume until my G75 powers off? after that what will be the differences? can it extend up to 4hours or more? can you make more descriptive procedure to make the "battery calibration plan" with more specific instructions? Thnx 🙂 uhm have you did it on your own hows your battery life?

Bryan123 wrote:
I'm going to repeat a mp3 on the lowest volume until my G75 powers off? after that what will be the differences? can it extend up to 4hours or more? can you make more descriptive procedure to make the "battery calibration plan" with more specific instructions? Thnx 🙂 uhm have you did it on your own hows your battery life?

Okay, will try to make this more clear.

1. Plug the AC adapter into an electrical outlet and connect it to your laptop until battery is fully charged.
2. Once the battery is 100% charged click Start, and then Control Panel.
3. Click Power Options, and then create new power plan by clicking Create a power plan.
4. Create new plan name such as Calibrate Battery, and then click Next.
5. Select the Never On battery value for Turn off the display, and Put the computer to sleep and then click Create.
(This will prevent your notebook from turning off the display and entering Sleep mode to drain battery faster.)
6. Next unplug AC adapter.
7. Select MP3 file with a bit rate of 128 kbps.
8. Set WMP to repeat mode and start the MP3 file, and let the file run.
9. Allow the battery to discharge completely until the laptop turns off.
10. Plug in the AC adapter and restart your laptop, and charge battery fully.

Good luck, and enjoy! :cool:
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

GottiBoi55 wrote:
Okay, will try to make this more clear.

1. Plug the AC adapter into an electrical outlet and connect it to your laptop until battery is fully charged.
2. Once the battery is 100% charged click Start, and then Control Panel.
3. Click Power Options, and then create new power plan by clicking Create a power plan.
4. Create new plan name such as Calibrate Battery, and then click Next.
5. Select the Never On battery value for Turn off the display, and Put the computer to sleep and then click Create.
(This will prevent your notebook from turning off the display and entering Sleep mode to drain battery faster.)
6. Next unplug AC adapter.
7. Select MP3 file with a bit rate of 128 kbps.
8. Set WMP to repeat mode and start the MP3 file, and let the file run.
9. Allow the battery to discharge completely until the laptop turns off.
10. Plug in the AC adapter and restart your laptop, and charge battery fully.

Good luck, and enjoy! :cool:

how many percent is the volume? what mp3 with 128kbps do you use??

sedio309
Level 7
Hey Bryan123 do you test this??? does it works??
Thanks
Claudio

NePATT
Level 7
Bryan123 wrote:
i have downloaded Nvidia Powermizer but i havent tried it. does it really extends battery life. Do you know other ways to extend the battery life? please tell me pls 😞

I'm not sure about that thing, named Nvidia Powermizer. But if any one wants to extend or increase the battery life of laptop, he/she can try some easy manual tricks. Read this blog to know how to increase laptop battery life.

I hope this blog would be helpful here.

Thanks. 🙂

Ok So I dont think what gettiboi is saying is going to work unless the manufacturer seriously didnt calibrate your battery
I say just use your computer until it dies at 0%. maybe a little dangerous. Still... I think he is trolling and no one has the guts to say it...
Then plug it in and turn it on.
Of course you'll want to have had created a power plan first to make your critical battery level 1% or 0%...

In power options in the windows, after you create a plan, you can also go to advanced power options.. Just read and make sense of how it works. one of the best things about it is that it can help you limit the amount of processing power your computer uses in batttery or plugged in mode.

There are other options too such as reducing critical battery level to 1% or 0%.. just read and think and adjust.

I wouldn't reduce the processing power under say .. 10% .. with my widgets and and other normal stuff, my computer uses 5% and I figure 5% more is ok for starting programs..? I dunno

of course you also want to turn off led lights and make sure your computer isnt in EXTREME MODE through the ASUS rog Gaming center's profiles..
you could have a separate profile for gaming and showing off or just showing off on battery mode with your lights and such.

you want to turn off your DVD drive and Webcam camera and microphone in Device manager. and turn it on when u need it.

Never install active programs in the mechanical hard drive if u're using a hybrid.

If you dont use bluetooth, turn it off in device manager too.

Also, Buy Tune up utilities, it helps you deactivate programs you dont need.
With all this, I get up to 4 hours and about 30minutes of battery...

I do run some unnecessary programs like WindowsFX and widgets to let me know or do stuff.
PLus protective software.
So you might get better battery than me!

However, I dunno if the power plan helps lower the cpu and gpu usage for sure or not.
It's possible than having alot of ram means my computer uses more electricity...

IT's possible that one of us needs to go look for an external laptop battery pack.