cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ThunderFX and Windows 8

ajh000
Level 7
Recently purchased a Maxiumus V Formula / ThunderFX and am running Windows 8 Pro x64 from my MSDN subscription.
All working fine except the ThunderFX. I cannot find any Windows 8 drivers at:
http://rog.asus.com/motherboard/formula/maximus-v-formulathunderfx/
and the Windows 7 x64 drivers do not install, not even in Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Am I looking in the wrong place or do I just need to wait a while?
50 REPLIES 50

hingj0n
Level 7

hingj0n wrote:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/Maximus_V_FormulaThunderFX/#download

Select windows 8

Unfortunately, I only see Windows 8 drivers for the onboard Realtek Audio. ThunderFX is an external USB audio device and requires a separate driver.

ajh000 wrote:
Unfortunately, I only see Windows 8 drivers for the onboard Realtek Audio. ThunderFX is an external USB audio device and requires a separate driver.

Hey, did you already run the windows 7 driver in compatibility mode?

Rightclick on the setup, properties, compatibility>compatibilty mode windows 7.

Hope that will help you.

hingj0n wrote:
Hey, did you already run the windows 7 driver in compatibility mode?

Rightclick on the setup, properties, compatibility>compatibilty mode windows 7.

Hope that will help you.

As I mentioned in my original post, I already tried using the Windows 7 compatibility mode (without success). This results in a "platform not supported" message (or something very similar).

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
You may need to wait a little while. Win8 is supposed to be due out soon, so i'm guessing the software you need will either follow shortly after...or is close to being released. Unfortunately it's gonna be a waiting game for you

It's been a month since win8 release and still no drivers for THunderFX 😞

Yeah, that "Windows 8 Ready" sticker on the box is starting to bug me.

X-ROG
Level 15
Sorry guys the recent software versions have had unforseen critical bugs which required us to do further testing. I've been told the latest round of testing will be finished by Weds so we'll know then!

Hope to see the drivers soon ^_^
Even in beta state...
Beta is better than nothing ^_-