Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    ROG Member Array

Sigh, still no phoebus new WHQL driver

ROG Enthusiast Array

I don't understand MarshallR@ASUS's last statement about Phoebus drivers in other thread...

It's out today! Please use this thread. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...-and-Windows-8

"it's out today" ?? what out today ?? why are you people trolling us ??? I should've bought STX and used uni-xonar drivers instead of this pain .. wtf ?!
    Last edited by appsmarsterx; 03-07-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

It's NOT about Phoebus drivers. They were replying the question from the OP who asked about ThunderFX. The rest of the thread was hijacked by people talking about Phoebus.

PLEASE STOP POSTING ABOUT PHOEBUS IN THUNDERFX THREADS. If it continues beyond this post I will just delete the replies. Please keep the correct topics to the correct threads.

(Reply to the one guy who apologized for thread jacking: sorry I have no update for you)
    Last edited by _; 03-07-2013 at 09:10 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sunwind View Post
    is the new ThunderFX version the un-released copy that has been out for a while? I uninstalled/reinstalled and I still have the bug where the tick-boxes for the headset/mic get locked "ON" and you can never turn them off
    @Marshall: Hi. The new update, there is still this bug where if you tick the headset on in the software window you can't un-tick it, you have to manually go into windows sound options and change default audio output device, do you know if that is a known bug? are there any workarounds?

@Marshall: Hi. The new update, there is still this bug where if you tick the headset on in the software window you can't un-tick it, you have to manually go into windows sound options and change default audio output device, do you know if that is a known bug? are there any workarounds?
    I can confirm this bug is present in the Win 8 WHQL driver. Seems to work very well other than that though.

As for workarounds: You're already touching on it in your post, and this is probably not a solution for you, but I've just ditched using the custom ThunderFX control panel entirely. Removed it from my Windows startup list. All the options, as far as I can see, are available under the windows playback device properties. Works well enough imo.

As for the guy complaining about the ThunderFX control panel taking up 6GB of memory commit: that's not happening with this version.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Deepo View Post
    I can confirm this bug is present in the Win 8 WHQL driver. Seems to work very well other than that though.

As for workarounds: You're already touching on it in your post, and this is probably not a solution for you, but I've just ditched using the custom ThunderFX control panel entirely. Removed it from my Windows startup list. All the options, as far as I can see, are available under the windows playback device properties. Works well enough imo.

As for the guy complaining about the ThunderFX control panel taking up 6GB of memory commit: that's not happening with this version.
    hopefully at least one more version then for the fix please, asus? I don't think there are any other problems? and this is an easily reproducable thing

ROG Enthusiast Array

hopefully at least one more version then for the fix please, asus? I don't think there are any other problems? and this is an easily reproducable thing
    anyone? this is a really annoying bug not being able to disable the headset in the thunderFX app...

ROG Enthusiast Array

bump. is this going to be addressed in a future update? has anyone there been able to replicate it? I can record the problem and show you a video if it will speed things along.

ROG Enthusiast Array

so about the bug where you can't un-tick the headphones in the TFX control panel, is that going to get patched?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5