cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i7 950 + Rampage 3 Formula OC BIOS recommendations

Retired
Not applicable
Hey guys, I've had a quick read over the forums and there is indeed a great deal of information regarding how to OC and a good breakdown of terms and technology.

I have however only found a single post on recommend BIOS settings to achieve a stable OC using certain CPUS and mobos, i.e. templates.

Could anyone recommend a BIOS setup for the follow hardware to achieve 4Ghz?

25 REPLIES 25

Raja
Level 13
Did you attach a picture mcdeath? I ask because I can't see it from the office (might be blocked access as the server here is pretty tight). In any case, setting you up shouldn't be a problem. Drop me a PM with a list of you config and BIOS settings and I'll tell you what to adjust.

-Raja

Retired
Not applicable
Thank you very much for the prompt reply Raja, yes I did indeed attach a photo with my CPU, MOBO and memory information.

More than happy to PM you the info shortly.

Cheers for the assist.

Raja
Level 13
Replied, hope that gets you started for now, let me know if you have any problems 🙂

V2-V3
Level 8
mcdeath,

were you successful in achieving your 4GHZ overclock? if you are still in need of help I may be of assistance.

Retired
Not applicable
can't you just do CPU level up with that part?

should be able to hit 4.0-4.4 with out to much tweaking my 920 hit 4.0 gigs with low vdrop and slight voltage bump on QPI and CPU and disable of C states as well as turbo.
then just bump the b-clock till its gets unstable

hope that helps I know that's quick and dirty

Retired
Not applicable
BTW here is a pic of my setup to give you an idea of my cooling situation, just above the CPU are 2 x 140mm fans pulling air straight out the top of my case. There is another at the front of the case.

mcdeath wrote:
BTW here is a pic of my setup to give you an idea of my cooling situation, just above the CPU are 2 x 140mm fans pulling air straight out the top of my case. There is another at the front of the case.

Ya that cooler is no good in that case at 4.0. The setup we(ginger and I) had with that cooler at 4.0 was no good unless I lade the Pc on it's side. ?? Even then all I could get was 3.8 and it was pushing 85c. So I would take Raja advice but don't buy H50. Garbage!!
"I would rather be gaming!" Grunts-clan.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://Pcjunkiemods.com
http://c2cmods.com

Retired
Not applicable
V2-V3 thanks for the offer Raja is working through it with me via PM. Six Foot Ginger, cheers for the advice buddy my biggest problem is heat at the moment.
I haven't reached 4Ghz stable as yet, I'm currently at 3630MHz and very stable. I'm going to take it slow going to 4GHz 🙂

Just reseated my HSF using Artic Silver 5 on the week end so once that settles I'm hoping to shave off a c or two.

Retired
Not applicable
I have had issues with Noctua cooler and smaller cases. I was using that cooler on a 875K and tons of cooling issues.

ask Jumkie he knows first hand too