cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bassspeaker Dead, No Sound, What Now?

joyfulPo
Level 8
:mad: So I guess it's no option for me but then to give this back in and get my 5th ASUS G75V?
Sometimes I wonder if quality checks even excist. Yeah, bit pissed right now.

I thought, yes! Now everything is working, no dead pixels like the other 3 G75V I had the last week.
But then I try to listen to some music today, oh yeah.

Dead bassspeaker and I go into the sound settings and do a sound check, completely dead.
Not a single drop of sound.
4 REPLIES 4

AlanMcKinnon
Level 10
I have to say, I'm perplexed by the number of people who are worried about the audio issues that seem to be a guarantee with a G75.

Perhaps I'm the only one who never, ever uses the built-in speakers?

AlanMcKinnon wrote:
I have to say, I'm perplexed by the number of people who are worried about the audio issues that seem to be a guarantee with a G75.

Perhaps I'm the only one who never, ever uses the built-in speakers?

Perhaps, but seriously.

3x G75V with dead pixels.
1x G75V with dead basspeaker.
- All in 1 weeks time, yeah.
That pisses me off a bit, just a tiny bit.

If this was my first G75V with a dead bassspeaker, yeah maybe I be nice about it..

X-ROG
Level 15
Have you tried updating the sound drivers?
Has all sound died completely? Or just the 'bass'?

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Have you tried updating the sound drivers?
Has all sound died completely? Or just the 'bass'?

You know, you should delete this topic for me, I feel really embarrassed. I jumped the gun on this. 😞
It was only the bass that was dead.
But I did as you said, updated the drivers but something weird happen but at least the bass was working.
Then I just removed the drivers completely and it re-installed the ones I had from the beginning with, right.
And still, bass is working now.

😞 Sorry for jumping the gun! It's just bit, my laptop seem to now be 100% working and it's been a strange trip.
So really sorry for jumping the gun on this and thanks!