cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things i need to know

adham_dehe
Level 7
Hello fellow gamers!

1)I have finally got my G55. Now i have been browsing through this forum, is there anything i need to do first before enjoying my self?

2) Weird question here. How many years can i expect of this laptop to play the latest game before it become obsolete?
7 REPLIES 7

Woofyhugger
Level 7
1. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?17461-First-things-to-do-after-buying-G55-G75-based-noteboo...

2. Seriously? Dude, the way they bring out new games and their requirements.. probably 6 months.
G750JH-T4074H i7-4700HQ, 32GB, 512GB SSD + 1TB , GTX780M-4GB
G75VW-T1013V
G74SX

Woofyhugger wrote:
1. http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?17461-First-things-to-do-after-buying-G55-G75-based-noteboo...

2. Seriously? Dude, the way they bring out new games and their requirements.. probably 6 months.

thanks for the link. Yeah that make me worried it become like handphone. Just one year, bam! new model wth

joyfulPo
Level 8
adham_dehe wrote:
Hello fellow gamers!

1)I have finally got my G55. Now i have been browsing through this forum, is there anything i need to do first before enjoying my self?

2) Weird question here. How many years can i expect of this laptop to play the latest game before it become obsolete?

I can answer your second question.

So it all depends on what expectations you have.
Speaking for myself, I hope to enjoy Dishonored, FarCry 3, Watch Dogs and the next World of Warcraft expansion 😉
So congrats with your G55 and I hope it will bring you alot of joy.

joyfulPo wrote:
I can answer your second question.

So it all depends on what expectations you have.
Speaking for myself, I hope to enjoy Dishonored, FarCry 3, Watch Dogs and the next World of Warcraft expansion 😉
So congrats with your G55 and I hope it will bring you alot of joy.

i expect to be able to run l games with high setting but antialising turn off. Is that too high of expectation?
Thanks

kkn
Level 14
adham_dehe wrote:

it all depends on what games your playing, fps games are always a heavy game to run.
so mabye a year or 2 or 3 ( it all depends on the games you play of course )

Woofyhugger
Level 7
Seriously though, it depends on what games you like to play. Some games out now can make the 75/55 struggle on max/ultra settings. But if you are into wow, etc, you'll be fine for a while.
G750JH-T4074H i7-4700HQ, 32GB, 512GB SSD + 1TB , GTX780M-4GB
G75VW-T1013V
G74SX

Woofyhugger wrote:
Seriously though, it depends on what games you like to play. Some games out now can make the 75/55 struggle on max/ultra settings. But if you are into wow, etc, you'll be fine for a while.

I do play Battlefield 3 and Skyrim 3 on pretty much highest without struggle.
Perhaps some features on Battlefield 3 I have on medium but things like Shadow Effects, SSOA or was it SSAO? Is full on.
And of course, Ultra textures, etc. It's pretty awesome!