cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From time to time my DVD player on G75V make working sound when it's empty.

joyfulPo
Level 8
From time to time my DVD player on G75V make working sound when it's not even in use, there is nothing in it either.
It's bit random when it does this.
It's like it's checking if there is anything there, bit weird this. Anyway to stop it doing that? 😛
4 REPLIES 4

rewben
Level 13
just disable it. please read here.

rewben wrote:
just disable it. please read here.

Thanks!

And by the way, if you check back here again, could I ask you if there is any difference between gaming with Entertainment mode and High Performance?

I kinda never use High Performance after my bad experience with G73Jh that it just random shutdown (overheated).

But I'm curious, does High Performance give better gameplay then Entertainment mode?

joyfulPo wrote:
Thanks!

And by the way, if you check back here again, could I ask you if there is any difference between gaming with Entertainment mode and High Performance?

I kinda never use High Performance after my bad experience with G73Jh that it just random shutdown (overheated).

But I'm curious, does High Performance give better gameplay then Entertainment mode?

There's practically no difference. When you game on High Performance or Entertainment Mode, the core speed is usually around 3 GHz.
But with High Performance the core speed is always on top even when you don't game, it got no minimum core state while the Entertainment Mode have a minimum core state.

I usually use High Performance when I game and when I do a lot of stuff at the same time but when I'm just using the internet and such, I use the Entertainment Mode.

rewben
Level 13
i don't know i always run mine with high performance profile only lol (i.e. plugged in all the times)

it's about 65 to 70 celcius plus at room temperature after hours of games (i never played games with power profiles other than high performance). for me the cooling system is damn good.