cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game controller emulation for older games

Spook50
Level 7
Not really sure how simple of a question this is, but here goes. One of my favorite older games was designed for WinXP, and can only take advantage of a single game controller. My G74 obviously is running Win7, and I would like to be able to use my CH USB rudder pedals and my Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar controllers for this game (specifically, X-Wing: Alliance for those curious). The TM controller is an integrated stick and throttle with USB connection, and obviously the CH pedals have their own USB connection. Do any of you know if there's a way to basically emulate a single controller that uses the X, Y and Z axes so that I can use both controllers on this game (or any other older WinXP flight/space sims), while duping it to think that only one controller is connected?
Roses are red
Bacon is also red
I'm not good at poetry
Bacon
3 REPLIES 3

Jstn
Level 10
Hey man,

Sorry if it is completely irrelevant or if you've already tried it.. but for my ps3 controller I use "MotioninJoy DS3" which allows me to custom set which control does what for each axis and button. Not sure if this product is specific to the ps3 and xbox 360 controllers but probably worth some research!

Took a look at Motioninplay, and it's exclusively for PS3 controllers. Could come in handy for other games I've been wanting to play though, so I'm going to remember it.

Still no luck figuring out how to get my current setup to cooperate with XWA, short of converting my CH pedals from USB to Gameport so they can plug into the throttle quadrant on my Cougar setup.
Roses are red
Bacon is also red
I'm not good at poetry
Bacon

Tech_Rat
Level 9
Mayhaps XPadder? It allows you to custom map a setup, so maybe it will help? It's ten bucks for the thing, and I think there's a trial version.