New ROGer Array

G74sx louder than usual

Ive had my G74sx for about 8 months now, and I cant stop but notice how much louder my fans are than they used to be, and compared to my friends same exact laptop. Ive cleaned the intakes, made no difference, but when opening the back plate, I realized that the video card is slightly discolored... too scared to open it up, but could this indicate some problem? (Ive attached the best picture I can take of it.)

BTW my graphic card temperatures range from 70c-75c when gaming, 52c at iddle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0447.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	11886
    Last edited by NathTurc; 09-20-2012 at 09:29 PM.

I have same laptop. Its two months old and have same temps so i presume your temps are ok.
    Regarding fan noise, its probably dust acumulated on heat sinks and fan is working more to keep it cool.
    I am pissed they didnt make ease acces to fans for cleaning so if your lap is under waranty i would not go into disasembly by my self.
    You can take it to Asus service and ask for cleaning fans/heat sinks and furthermore repasteing with some better thermal compund (artic silver or simmilar.) I have many friends with gaming mobile rigs and they repasting every 6-10 months by themselvs.
    By discolouration you mean heat transfer block is discolourated and or copper tubes? If yes this is perfectly normal.
    Cheers