New ROGer Array

Help!!! G55VW corrupt screen!!!

I got the corrupt screen twice when I am playing planetside2 beta. The system completely died out and I have to force it to power off. It seems definitely a GPU problem.

However, it is really strange since I played other hardcore games like Crysis and Shogun2 with no problem, even with crazy overclocking.

Is it a GPU defective or a Driver's problem? Is it possible a game can cause such a serious corrupt screen?

I contact Amazon and they tell me to contact Asus. However, I am sure Asus will definitely tell me it is a driver's problem or a game problem..

:'(

ROG Member Array

default driver?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

If it only does it on that game and not with other games and programs like 3Dmark or furmark then its a software issue. Either driver or the game does not like that hardware config.

Example on my old dekstop when i ran a i7 and a GTX 290. In wow full sceen i could tab out exactly 5 times before it would blue screen. It only did it on wow and every time i would tab out it would be fine but bsod on the 5th screen. It was fixed later down the road with a update.

Also remember the game is a beta so its going to have a ton of issues.