cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74sx bkk7 (mobo problem)

Atoc_Nada
Level 7
I'm having problems with my notebook not charging. Charger wokrs. Power pin works. 19v charger and everything, but it doesn't seem to get to the battery. When I connect the charger the LED (for "charging") lights up for 1/2 second and thats all. I need to find the circuit path from the Power Pin that leads to the LEDs or Battery to find out the real problem.
I need the motherboard diagram. If anyone happens to have the diagram of the motherboard, can they please pass it to me.
Urgent!
Asus G74Sx BBK7 || i7 2630qm @2.0-2.9Ghz || 8gb DDR3 @1600mhz || Seagate Momentus 1tb (2x500gb) @7200 rpm || 2.0 gb GTX 560m || Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
1 REPLY 1

cl-scott
Level 12
I would first suggest trying a different battery. When I worked as a hardware tech, that was SOP, and to the point where I went through the extremely obnoxious process of getting a set of batteries purely for testing purposes. (I wasn't working for Asus then, or even fixing Asus units) Only after you've eliminated the less expensive and less invasive (to replace) parts do you go for the motherboard.