cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New evga GTX 670 FTW vs old 570 SC vs Borderlands 2. FIGHT!!!

1ceTr0n
Level 11
EDIT: Added comparison to stock clocked GTX 570 SC before I sell it.

Allright, alot peeps asking what other peoples setups are getting as far as framerate wise on Borderlands 2 and I decided to add my results. As well as see for myself what my one day old new evga GTX 670 FTW could do fresh outa the box with my free copy of Borderlands 2!

Setup was real simple, I decided to do the battle scene between my Commando and the boss Boom and Bewm outside in the glacier area. This fight has alot of explosions, enemies, draw distance and things going and its only as far i've gotten in the game lol! Below are my game settings. I run no AA as I've never cared for it. My new GTX 670 FTW is running nvidias WHQL 306.23 drivers. Frame rate target and Adaptive vync are disabled. Edit: These are the same settings I used when I ran test with my old 560 SC running stock clocks, I didn't feel like screwing around overclocking it to my settings I had it the past year.

I ran the benchmark for 3 minutes using FRAPS and started it as I approached Boom and Bewm and then left the area to the Breathing Dragon until it timed out. I graphed the results into excel and here is what I got. I forgot to run a comparison to my GTX 570 SC before I took it outa the box, but this should give you a decent idea of what a 670 FTW can do in Borderlands 2! I'm very pleased with it, but I'll have to run adaptive vysnc as the texture tearing gets pretty bad. Running at 1920x1200 on Dell U2412M.

EDIT: Added new chart with 570 SC at stock clocks for comparison. I tried to keep the firefight with Boom and Bewm the same as I could with the 670 FTW test, but there was only so much I keep the same obviously.

evga GTX 670 FTW @ 1084/6208
evga GTX 570 SC @ 797/3900

6 REPLIES 6

1ceTr0n
Level 11
To give others more insite into how other peoples systems are handling Borderlands 2, I ran another benchmark test. This time I battled with Captain Flynt which is a bit more of an epic battle with big ass flames, enemies blowing up and running around, shrapnel and long distance views along with large open area with overhanging structures. Below are my settings once again like I did with the Boom & Bewm benchmark test. Framerate limiter and Adaptive VYSYNC are turned off.

I ran the benchmarking using FRAPS for 120 seconds which covered most of the battle of Flynt from me approaching him and it cut off right before I killed him. Here is a screenshot of the actual battle and resulting FRAPs benchmarked graphed in Excel. I also screenshot my system in use during the battle to give an idea of how hard my rig is working during battles like this.

Limbless_One1
Level 10
Captain Flynt ..I remember him ...Good battle ...May he R I P

Those are some pretty solid numbers. I'm interested to see how CPU intensive this game is because I'm also running a GTX 670 FTW and everything is fine and dandy until fights. Especially boom bewm, oh god the first time I didn't realize I could hide behind the cannon and there was just a mess of PhysX particles everywhere. Usually in crazy fights like that it drops down to around 43ish FPS, rarely, however it can get as low as in the 30s.

Are those results with PhysX on or off? I'm really curious to know if it's my CPU bottlenecking me, I guess I'll know when I upgrade from my 965 Phenom II to my upcoming 3770k 😛

EDIT: Just saw PhysX was on in the first screenshot 😛 I scrolled to the results at first

Yeah the physicsX really messes your computer up. According to a nvidia your supposed to have separate graphics card just working for this spec. Still I found it annoying with the physicsX specs because you get tiny stones everywhere and they seem really out of place together with the blob (Like the **** coming out of the bathroom)

AmunRa90 wrote:
Yeah the physicsX really messes your computer up. According to a nvidia your supposed to have separate graphics card just working for this spec.

What? I'd like proof of this

AmunRa90 wrote:
Yeah the physicsX really messes your computer up. According to a nvidia your supposed to have separate graphics card just working for this spec. Still I found it annoying with the physicsX specs because you get tiny stones everywhere and they seem really out of place together with the blob (Like the **** coming out of the bathroom)

PhysX is fine, a second card helps if your main one is not good enough. I threw in a 460 GTX with my 670 GTX FTW and saw no increase in FPS in PhysX situations because my 670 is more than capable to handle it by itself.

My issue is either related to my CPU bottlenecking my system or a driver error or some other bug.