cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG.forum hack

Nackers
Level 15
I don't know what just happen to me, I tried to get onto the forums about 15min ago And got a window with rog.forums has been hacked by ????. My PC scanned clean with a full scan but my rog link in chrome was renamed to hacked by ??????. . None of my other links have been changed. Has anyone else had this happen today ? Or have I picked something up that AVG isn't finding ? Thanks

I manage to get back on again by typing rog.asus etc again into address bar..
50 REPLIES 50

Vanity
Level 7
same thing just happened to me..was going to start page and was meet by some hacker announce and complains about the mohammed thing going on around the world.

Limbless_One1
Level 10
yea i getting this peace to muslim index thingy ,

Nackers
Level 15
Just been on facebook rog and there's a few me included there saying the same thing..

rewben
Level 13
this group is very active these days. but they need to get the fact right doh.

Amb669
Level 9
wtf is this ****, just had this happen to me too lol
PC Specs:

Intel Core i7 3930k, oc @ 4.8Ghz 24/7
ASUS GTX 680 2GB @ stock
ASUS VG248QE 144hz Monitor
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Mobo
16GB GSkill Ripjawsz 2133Mhz @ 1600Mhz
2x 128Gb OCZ Vertex 4's in Raid0 (OS drive)
Western Digital Green 1TB (storage drive)
Sound Blaster Recon 3D Pro Sound Card
Corsair AX1200i Digital PSU
Corsair H100 CPU Cooler
Corsair 600T Case

Zka17
Level 16
Yeah, if I'm using the ROG link in my browser, it's happening to me too... however, if I'm using the links from my emails about updates in threads i'm subscribed, it's working fine...

I hope, it's just a bad timing from the hackers... it's weekend... but I'm sure that Asus people will take care of this as soon as they will be back to work!

rewben
Level 13
should be an easy fix but i think their response time is a bit slow (it's already been a few hours).

this kind of web-based attacks could be prevented with simple measures, i wonder why they didn't do it in the first place.

Zka17
Level 16
As I said, it's weekend... let those people rest a little bit! They are working hard to keep this Forum going... and the problem is not to big yet... - we can still use the Forum...

rewben
Level 13
i know that people do need to rest 🙂 but things like this can become big issues over time (even in the matter of hours). the sooner they get it fixed the better.

i will suggest a change of password at the very least after this, too.