cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus rampage iv formula this is normal?

alfredojara_94
Level 7

hi!
it is normal that the mother will not start without the cpu?
not pull debug error

I tested with the pins power sw
but not long mistake led debug
12 REPLIES 12

jollywombat
Level 10
Yes, the board will not function without CPU or RAM.

Minimum required hardware to enable you to get into bios will be your psu, mobo, memory cpu and graphics card.
I believe you can flash the bios with only the psu connected using flashback.
Not entirely sure what you are trying to do, if you can explain then maybe people can offer more advice.:)
G.Skill 16GB (4x 4GB) Quad Channel Ripjaws Z Series Memory Kit PC3-19200 CL10-12-12-31
CM Storm Stryker \ Rampage IV Formula BF3 edition \ SickleFlow 120 Green LED \ WIN7 PRO X64
SanDisk SDSSDX-120G-G25 SATA III \ OCZ Solid 3 120GB SATA III SSD \ RAID0
Mushkin Chronos 60GB SATA III SSD \ OCZ Agility 3 60GB SATA III SSD \ 2 x EVGA 660TI 2048MB SLI

scotland21 wrote:
Minimum required hardware to enable you to get into bios will be your psu, mobo, memory cpu and graphics card.
I believe you can flash the bios with only the psu connected using flashback.
Not entirely sure what you are trying to do, if you can explain then maybe people can offer more advice.:)

I no need enter to bios, need test the system power on!! in the video no start the psu...
THE DEBUG LEED LATER PRESS BUTTON START SHOW NOTHING

jollywombat wrote:
Yes, the board will not function without CPU or RAM.

Install your cpu and ram and try again, it still isn't clear what it is you are trying to do.
Is it a new build?, are you troubleshooting a problem?
G.Skill 16GB (4x 4GB) Quad Channel Ripjaws Z Series Memory Kit PC3-19200 CL10-12-12-31
CM Storm Stryker \ Rampage IV Formula BF3 edition \ SickleFlow 120 Green LED \ WIN7 PRO X64
Mushkin Chronos 60GB SATA III SSD \ OCZ Agility 3 60GB SATA III SSD \ 2 x EVGA 660TI 2048MB SLI

scotland21 wrote:
Install your cpu and ram and try again, it still isn't clear what it is you are trying to do.

I'm trying to step down the error beeps to miss the microprocessor and memory but this did not react to him on and why I am in doubt if this is normal or not.

in some motherboard old WORK this!! with join the power sw the psu start, beep sound and this no!! this is my question!!

scotland21 wrote:

Hence my last post, still none the wiser.:confused:

LiveOrDie
Level 11
He could only afford the board and couldn't wait to use it so he playing around with it LMAO 😛

Retired
Not applicable
Hmm i dont get this..

Am i sloooooooooow......

Not start without cpu?

Its like jumping a car, without the motor installed..

X Pack wrote:
Hmm i dont get this..

Am i sloooooooooow......

Not start without cpu?

Its like jumping a car, without the motor installed..

yep without cpu no beep no sound, no code error in debug led and no start the power supply