cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new ROG Team on HWBOT

Zka17
Level 16
Hello fellow ROGers,

There is no question about it, the ROG Forum is the best! :cool: As I understood, it was created to be a support Forum, but over time a great community has formed here. Now an idea came up...

Lately more and more ROG Forum members are posting very good benchmark results... some of us already signed up on HWBOT for submitting our results... - so, the idea is, why not create our team?! And show people that the ROG community is good in benching too! 🙂

I've been discussing with X Pack (one of our great fellows, who already has experience on HWBOT), we got green light from MarshallR... - so here we are!

Let's create a new team on HWBOT! Membership of ROGers is welcome! Whoever is part of the ROG Forum Family can join this new team... benching (using benchmark application) is required, hardware doesn't matter...

So, who is with us? Let's get some fellow ROGers join this idea, then we can create the Team on HWBOT, then ROG'N'ROLL!
217 REPLIES 217

Retired
Not applicable
Very good initiative Zka..

There are many great talents in here, who may not know were to turn..

hwbot is a place on the net, where people compete in a wide range of computer orientated Overclocking..

pro/enthusiast/newbie..

almost every large OC community is represented in there, and now, and soon are we..

Cheers..

I hope this thread start a dialog, and that people are interested..

Over And Out..

/ It takes a nation of millions to hold us back..

X Pack wrote:
It takes an nation of millions to hold us back..

Well said, the ROG Family is stronger than that! :cool:

Let's give some time to our talents to show up... until then is sleep time...

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Count me in! Sounds fun!! I am more than happy to bring everything I don't know about Benching to the team:D

Menthol
Level 14
First I want to say thanks to everyone on the ROG forums, the best forum I have visited, everyone is extremely helpful and respectful to everyone else, rare in life.
I have a couple questions to start with, followed by many more I'm sure. I use my computer for every day use, At this time I don't want to build a rig just for benching so to start of with. No test bench or extreme cooling system for benching only, just join for the fun and enjoyment. I am not afraid to chance killing some hardware every now and then, as long as no one gets hurt it's only hardware
1. should I use a separate hard drive with a minimal install of Windows for benching, if so which version 7 home extreme or? and what services should be disabled or left working.
2. All my overclocking has never been done with any scientific methods, just stalking the forums to see what others have for setting and try them out so I would need a little guidance on where to start,

Oh, about the killing hardware thing... - well I think that should be every individual's own decision... the Team will not impose such thing!

Zka17 wrote:
the Team will not impose such thing!

LOL! Phew.....

Name is fine by me .....

One thing that would be good to know..... what do you have to post as a result?.. screenshot.... of what exactly?.... do we have to save web page of 3D mark results? etc.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
HaHa Menthol! You have written out long hand what I meant in short 😄 Except for the killing hardware part; I'm not much up for that....get quite attached to my hardware.... Just in for the fun of it and learning new stuff....

Zka17
Level 16
Welcome Arne and Menthol in the new ROG Team! :cool:

I think, I supposed to be more clear from the beginning... when I said "hardware doesn't matter", I meant that everyone participates with what is available... no extra hardware or other equipment is required... - I think, getting out the maximum from those wonderful builds a lot of ROGers showed off here is equally precious then having the latest benching equipment...

Those scores posted in this Forum lately by X Pack, Arne, Menthol and others are really good! Together, all of those scores will add up... then we can have our discussions here about how to improve things... I do have a benching setup, so I can contribute with those results too, later on, maybe some others will join with such setups... - all of these will complement each other! The main point is to stay together, to show the world not necessarily the highest results, but the best Team...

So, for now, let's just thing about a team name... then we can ask X Pack to actually create the team on HWBOT, then the rest of us will join it - then we can start submitting... As our first results are there, we can see and compare our results with the other's... and we can start working on improving them...

As for the team name, X Pack had an idea: ROG Supreme OC... personally, I think it's good - other ideas?

Retired
Not applicable