cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS g74sx screen bug need help please!

DarthBlazer
Level 7
Hi guys,
I come to you with a problem and I really hope you can help me.
So I have gotten this bug twice and it was both the same ways I got it,
I was watching youtube when I switched the video to fullscreen and when I putted it into HD my whole screen went purple and it was very buggy I couldn't do anything.I had to turn the power and turn it up again,now I just restarted windows again and I notice its very laggy atm my battery statistics arent right and my notification that im connected to the internet is bugged and stays on the right lower corner although I think this will be fixed on restart.
But what im really concerned about is the purple screen,I looked up some threads but didnt find any answer,also some threads say it could have run up physical damage wich would be weird cuz I have been very carefull with this laptop,
I also found that reinstalling your driver could work but I'm not really sure how and what version I need to get..
I would like to have your opinions first before I start doing stuff and maybe messing it more up so pleae help me!
also if this is any good information I have never gotten this problem while playing games,I play on high grafics games like guild wars 2, diablo 3, counterstrike global offense .
My laptop also never runs very hot he warms up a little but he doesnt burn me like my laptop before this one did,though I have to say when i just got this one and played a game the the vent only cauzed a cool breeze and now its warmer.

also if this would help I would like to know a good way to clean maybe the fans of dust or something,even though im afraid to open it up and clean it,I dont want to destroy any vulnerable parts.

Thanks in advance guys! and I'm sorry for the wall of text and also my bad english

greetz
4 REPLIES 4

dstrakele
Level 14
Hey @DarthBlazer - Let us know what NVIDIA driver version you're currently running. I'd recommend upgrading to 306.23 WHQL, doing a 'clean' NVIDIA install from Windows Safe Mode.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

DarthBlazer
Level 7
im using version 8.17.12.9616 so ill go and do the install.

thanks in advance!

edit: So I just tryd installing in safe mode and the program of nvidia says it doesnt detect any compatible hardware wich is weird cuz there is a nvidia card in this laptop,I'm not sure what to do right now I am gonna google some solutions and await your reply.

dstrakele
Level 14
The 296.16 version has reports of pink screen issues with YouTube.

You downloaded the Desktop 306.23 version instead of the Mobile version, didn't you?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

DarthBlazer
Level 7
yea indeed i downloaded the wrong version,I found one on the forum and tryd that one and it worked!

thanks again very much for all the help!