cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are the power jacks holding out on the G75 and G55??

g53ok
Level 8
I have a G53sx that had the power jack centre pin break(on warranty). Has this problem been solved or are the newer G's the same?
Also any new hardware problems been showing up?
Considering upgrading.
8 REPLIES 8

gothamhunter
Level 7
I'm actually interested in the exact same question; I have a G73SW that has been plagued with the power jack issue and am looking to upgrade to the G75 if it's been resolved.

c_man
Level 11

Woots
Level 11
no issues here
PC Setup:
Battlestation Setup:

dstrakele
Level 14
I believe the "break - away" power pin connector feature of the G53 was eliminated from the design of G74 and later systems. Which isn't to say it can't be done if you try hard enough...
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

My G73 didn't have the break-away pin, just the loose connection (plugging in the power supply wouldn't connect to AC power). Is this also resolved?

ggBanks
Level 10
G55 rigid as f*ck 😄 The connector is really good, and I also got the chance to drop my laptop once from half meter height and it doesn't even have a scratch. This thing is like a tank 🙂

kiba
Level 10
so far, havent had that issue with any of my 17"s, *knocks on wood* though it did happen to my brothers G53.
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.

john_from_ohio
Level 11
g53ok wrote:
I have a G53sx that had the power jack centre pin break(on warranty). Has this problem been solved or are the newer G's the same?

I was concerned on this question also while doing research before buying my G75VW ( first asus ever for me ).

As others noted ... this is apparently ( thank goodness ) not a relevant concern any longer. No one as reported anything vaguely like it so far here with the new G55s/G75s.

Other stuff ... yeah a bunch of questions and in some cases maybe not so good quality checking by asus. Not this problem however.

If you do buy make sure you check out everything on your machine while it is still in return/exchange period.