ROG Member Array

Asus G74SX SSD boot time

well i just upgraded my g74 with a Corsair 120GB Force Series 3 SSD and i added a 1tb seagate 5400rpm. i also added 8 more gb of ram giving me 16gb. Problem i am having is my cold boot time is around 45 secs. i dont know if that is good or bad any help would be great.
    Then we walked the road to New Vegas, all the lights of the Old World still glowing pretty as you please

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array zsld0423's Avatar

Did you use the Asus Restore discs to install windows, or did you use a Windows 7 disc and do a clean install? Or did you just image the old hard drive and put it on the SSD? Also, if you happen to have Windows 7 professional or ultimate on there, are you mapped to any network drives?
    Sager NP9370
    256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 750GB 7200RPM Secondary HDD
    nVidia GeForce GTX 680M 4GB VRAM
    Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.40GHz
    16GB RAM
    Mouse: MadCatz R.A.T. 7
    Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Mirror
    Additional Monitors: 24" 1080p Insignia LED/LCD TV and 21" Acer LCD Monitor
    Windows 7 Ultimate

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by zsld0423 View Post
    Did you use the Asus Restore discs to install windows, or did you use a Windows 7 disc and do a clean install? Or did you just image the old hard drive and put it on the SSD? Also, if you happen to have Windows 7 professional or ultimate on there, are you mapped to any network drives?
    clean install of windows 7 ultimate. no mapped or any network drivers. I never made restore disks or make ghost images as i have always left around 120gb of hard drive just for windows and any programs i need.
    Then we walked the road to New Vegas, all the lights of the Old World still glowing pretty as you please

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array zsld0423's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razielleonhart View Post
    clean install of windows 7 ultimate. no mapped or any network drivers. I never made restore disks or make ghost images as i have always left around 120gb of hard drive just for windows and any programs i need.
    Alrighty, have you installed any additional programs after doing your clean install? You could check msconfig and see what programs are set to start up with your computer, maybe there's something buggy that's hindering the boot
    Sager NP9370
    256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD + 750GB 7200RPM Secondary HDD
    nVidia GeForce GTX 680M 4GB VRAM
    Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.40GHz
    16GB RAM
    Mouse: MadCatz R.A.T. 7
    Keyboard: Razer Lycosa Mirror
    Additional Monitors: 24" 1080p Insignia LED/LCD TV and 21" Acer LCD Monitor
    Windows 7 Ultimate