cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73jh Touchpad Issue - Flashed BIOS and updated drivers didn't help

Delete
Level 7
Hi. I've had my G73 for eight months and recently had an issue start with a pop message "touchpad has been disabled because the Synatics driver has detected another device plugged in". It's the same message I get when I plug in the mouse, but it pops up constantly, sometimes 3-4 times in a row, and I lose control of the mouse.

I read through some old forum posts about touchpad issues and applied some of the suggestions like flashing the BIOS with latest drivers and updating the synaptic touchpad drivers. Didn't help.

I disabled the touchpad using fn f9. Didn't help.

I've heard there is an issue with tape on the bottom of the touchpad that accumulates a static charge. Before taking apart my 'puter I came here to ask if other people are having this issue, and what to do about it.

Thank you for your help.
2 REPLIES 2

dstrakele
Level 14
You wrote the issue has occurred jusdoe t recently. If you use Windows System Restore to restore your system to a time before the issue first occurre, does it stop?

If not, does disabling the touchpad in the BIOS stop the popup messages?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
You wrote the issue has occurred jusdoe t recently. If you use Windows System Restore to restore your system to a time before the issue first occurre, does it stop?

If not, does disabling the touchpad in the BIOS stop the popup messages?

Oddly enough I discovered that sys restore was disabled, so I created a restore point before flashing the BIOS today. I tried disabling the touchpad in the BIOS and while I could see the option, it was greyed out (couldn't be highlighted). I tried disabling the driver two different ways and neither worked. It's really frustrating. I just had six synaptic messages in a row, lost control of my mouse for about 15 seconds.